Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - 3G speeds not what they should be

Logan Leffeler

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello, today I turned on my Note3 from sprint, and I noticed it took 40secs-1minute to display 3g service in an area where i usually always have 3g. I shrugged that off and ran a speedtest and it was absolutely horrid. My ping was 600-900 throughout the tests and .05-.3mbps download where usually I'm getting .8-1.2 here.. I have restarted my phone, took the battery out, tried airplane mode and nothing seemed to help. Does anyone have any thoughts/fixes to this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: 3G speeds not what they should be

Hello, today I turned on my Note3 from sprint, and I noticed it took 40secs-1minute to display 3g service in an area where i usually always have 3g. I shrugged that off and ran a speedtest and it was absolutely horrid. My ping was 600-900 throughout the tests and .05-.3mbps download where usually I'm getting .8-1.2 here.. I have restarted my phone, took the battery out, tried airplane mode and nothing seemed to help. Does anyone have any thoughts/fixes to this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Welcome to the forums.
In Settings>Update device do you have an option for update PRL and Profile? Try those and see if it helps.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: 3G speeds not what they should be

I agree with the previous poster about updating the PRL. Also, sometimes Sprint is doing work on a tower which could cause poor 3G or LTE performance temporarily. You might find the problem gone soon. Fortunately for me, I am usually in an area where Wifi is available. Of course always use Wifi when available. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21