Hi - just got this note 3 and in less than 2 hours the too bright Return and Menu buttons are burning my eyes out.
    Settings? Masking tape? Opaque thin plastic?
    Searching for this I found *"How to disable capacitive buttons (Back + Menu) lights?" but it was about an HTC phone.
    Thanks! Sprint has a $35 restoring fee plus I really want to like this phone.
    01-05-2014 11:13 AM
    Hi - just got this note 3 and in less than 2 hours the too bright Return and Menu buttons are burning my eyes out.
    Settings? Masking tape? Opaque thin plastic?
    Searching for this I found *"How to disable capacitive buttons (Back + Menu) lights?" but it was about an HTC phone.
    Thanks! Sprint has a $35 restoring fee plus I really want to like this phone.
    Either you are a freak of nature with super-sensitive eyes or you have a bad phone. The capacitive menu and return buttons are typically very dimly lit. Also the lights go black after just a few seconds. Switch out the phone with the dealer if they are too bright.
    01-05-2014 01:40 PM
    You can't dim them as far I can see. But you can turn them off. In settings go to devise tab and then to display. Then go to touch key light duration. You can either set the time duration that they are on or you can turn them off completely.
    01-05-2014 04:42 PM
    Thank you both for responding so quickly. I will take it to the Sprint store if I can't get the settings right.
    Appreciate the help -
    01-05-2014 11:14 PM