Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Facebook app badges?

Okay, so for starters, I'm new here.
    And I recently upgraded from my S2 to the Note 3. I had facebook app badges on my s2 but I don't have them on my note 3. Come to think of it, I don't have any badges. I have seen multiple videos on youtube of people with the note 3 with badges. How do i get them on mine?

Default Re: Facebook app badges?

I had this issue when I upgraded my Facebook app on my Note 3. I found the notification badges showed in my app drawer but not on screen I removed my Facebook icon off my home screen and placed it back and it fixed. In your case log out, log back in, replace app icon, and make sure notifications are checked in app and in "all apps" under app manager.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G3MINI_N3RD View Post
    I had this issue when I upgraded my Facebook app on my Note 3. I found the notification badges showed in my app drawer but not on screen I removed my Facebook icon off my home screen and placed it back and it fixed. In your case log out, log back in, replace app icon, and make sure notifications are checked in app and in "all apps" under app manager.

So log out of facebook? then delete the app icon, and put it back then sign back in to facebook.

Yeah. And make sure in Facebook app notifications is on and inside Settings>General>App Manager, go to the Facebook app and make sure notifications is checked too.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Yeah. And make sure in Facebook app notifications is on and inside Settings>General>App Manager, go to the Facebook app and make sure notifications is checked too.

Worked perfectly! Thanks!!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Do any other apps have badges? like gmail? or uhhhh... like any others that i may be missing out on?

Not that I've seen, and I've owned the phone since it came out. Only non built in app that has badges I've seen so far is Facebook. Facebook Messenger too. But kind of the same app catagory.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Not that I've seen, and I've owned the phone since it came out. Only non built in app that has badges I've seen so far is Facebook. Facebook Messenger too. But kind of the same app catagory.

My messenger also doesn't have badges, so will the same fix to the trick again? and thanks for the info! I just got mine the 27th and I'm still tyring to figure it out! ;p

It should work the same. But to logout of Messenger the only way is to go to App Manager and clear data. But the fix should work.

And glad to help and enjoy the phone!