Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By G3MINI_N3RD
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Receiving Text Messages in my Email

I recently upgraded from the Galaxy S2 to the Galaxy Notes 3 and love most of it. But since the upgrade I have been receiving a copy of all my text messages sent to me in my Email. I don't know why it started with the upgrade and I can't find any way to stop it. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    John

Default Re: Receiving Text Messages in my Email

The only time I heard of this happening is if you are using Google Voice. It has an option to to email a saved transcripts of your SMS conversations for backup purposes. If you're using Google Voice that could be the culprit. And if you're on Sprint it has to have that option checked if you wish to transmit MMS through Google Voice. The pictures etc will be sent via email for view. That's how Sprint and recently T-Mobile have implemented it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Default Re: Receiving Text Messages in my Email

Do you have an exchange server account setup. If so this will happen unless you uncheck the text messaging option in the settings of that exchange account