Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default All images on my Sprint Note 3 are pixellated/low-quality (Instagram, Google, browser, etc.)

Google image quality is horrible, pictures almost everywhere just look like it was taken with a microwave. Huuuge pixelated marks in all images, Instagram has got better, it's hit and miss though still. Any ideas?

All images on my Sprint Note 3 are pixellated/low-quality (Instagram, Google, browser, etc.)-screenshots_2014-01-31-07-04-37.jpg
    All images on my Sprint Note 3 are pixellated/low-quality (Instagram, Google, browser, etc.)-screenshots_2014-01-31-07-10-32.jpg
    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Quinn Blackmer; 01-31-2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Had to upload images on a comp instead of app.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default re: All images on my Sprint Note 3 are pixellated/low-quality (Instagram, Google, browser, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDav View Post
    Do you see photos in the Photo app in the same way?! This is awful.
    Are u taking about on my gallery? Any pictures I take with the camera turn out perfect, great quality. It's just images that have to load from somewhere.

That picture of the island is an 800x600. It shouldn't be like that crappy on a phone, especially a brand new one. Pandora is the worst, album covers are horrible. I'll see if I can get to a computer and load up one of those

Default re: All images on my Sprint Note 3 are pixellated/low-quality (Instagram, Google, browser, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Blackmer View Post
    Are u taking about on my gallery? Any pictures I take with the camera turn out perfect, great quality. It's just images that have to load from somewhere.

That picture of the island is an 800x600. It shouldn't be like that crappy on a phone, especially a brand new one. Pandora is the worst, album covers are horrible. I'll see if I can get to a computer and load up one of those
    Unfortunately, it seems like the issue may be out of your hands. From what I can tell, the problem lies with Sprint and is affecting a host of devices. There are many corroborating posts here:

You might be able to correct the issue by using an app like to change your PRL to one that wouldn't be affected... but I can't say for sure if it would work, or which PRL file you'd want to write.
    Last edited by Patrick Schroedl; 02-01-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Global Posts
    13,971 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: All images on my Sprint Note 3 are pixellated/low-quality (Instagram, Google, browser, etc.)

Does it change in quality when you shift to a router?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: All images on my Sprint Note 3 are pixellated/low-quality (Instagram, Google, browser, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Does it change in quality when you shift to a router?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Same thing on a router

Global Posts
    13,971 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I am not sure what to suggest. Sorry.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I have seen the same thing on my gs3 although it does get addressed while on wifi. i see it the most on apps like chive and imgur