1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default blue tooth connection with Galaxy Note 3

I have 2011 Kia Soul. I just bought a Galaxy Note 3 this weekend and I can't connect it to my car. I previously had a Galaxy S3 and it connected easily. when i go through the phone, it doesn't show my car and when I try to run the setup through my car, it just switches back to the radio. anyone have any idea what's wrong and how I can get connected? The dealer is a good 45 minutes from my house and I would like to try to avoid the trip if possible.
    Thanks!

Default Re: blue tooth connection with Galaxy Note 3

I unfortunately do not have a solution to your problem. I thought I would chime in with a complaint very similar to yours. I have an infiniti q50 and it will allow me to receive a call through Bluetooth, but it will not let me make a call without manually unlocking my phone. This is a large problem because where we live you can not even be seen touching your phone if your the driver. I called sprint, Samsung and even took the car to the dealership with no resolution. I hope some one can think of a work around this problem. The problem lies somewhere in the permissions between the car and my phone regarding phone calls only, because I can come and go in my car playing Pandora through bt without touching my phone to restart it.

Default Re: blue tooth connection with Galaxy Note 3

when you scan for the car radio do you make sure to have the box checked to make your phone discoverable? Also, most car bluetooths are only discoverable for 30 seconds after the car starts. So I would turn the car off for a sec then back on and try to pair.
    Thanked by: