Sprint Note 3: KitKat impressions, let's post them here.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I got the update but haven't installed it yet. For all the folks here that already have it installed, please post your impressions here.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Kit Kat impressions, let's post them here.

I got the update but haven't installed it yet. For all the folks here that already have it installed, please post your impressions here.

Thanks!

Will this be a thread for all the carriers or just sprint branded?

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Havent had a real chance to mess with it yet cause im at work but this thing seems very fast.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Nm. It finally showed the post path. Lol.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I haven't noticed really big changes yet. There seems to be more white instead of color in some places like the notification bar. The notification shade appears to have lost the ongoing / temporary split it used to have, and all notifications are in one list now. It may be a little harder to see which you can swipe away now, but that's not too big of a deal. That's about all I've seen because I haven't specifically tried to test anything. I'm hoping this update fixes the flaky WiFi connection and erroneous KNOX notification issues, but I can't exactly test them on-demand, so I'll have to wait and see (unless others have info on this?).

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I have the down load waiting. I'm going into town and will download on 4G, my Internet connection is ridiculously slow this morning. I'll post impressions later this afternoon.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

MastaCow53

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

I've been using it about 5 hours. The only difference I can see is the all white character status bar.

Also, and I hope it's just my imagination, my battery seems to be draining faster than before. Time will tell.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I've been using it about 5 hours. The only difference I can see is the all white character status bar.

Also, and I hope it's just my imagination, my battery seems to be draining faster than before. Time will tell.

Is ART in the upgrade?

abaran1000

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

My first impression has not been good.

After rebooting, the phone freezes up after a few minutes. Also, when it times out, you cannot get the screen to come back up. It stays black. You can hear the notifications and the bottom buttons light up, but the screen it black.

I want the old OS back.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

My first impression has not been good.

After rebooting, the phone freezes up after a few minutes. Also, when it times out, you cannot get the screen to come back up. It stays black. You can hear the notifications and the bottom buttons light up, but the screen it black.

I want the old OS back.

And a reboot didn't fix that? You're the first one with negative feedback so far besides one person who wasn't certain about decreased battery life.

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Here are a few things I noticed so far today while using my phone. I'm not sure how many are related to KitKat, but considering these haven't happened before the update, I think it's possible that there is some connection here.

1. I had a little trouble with mobile data (3G and LTE). There were times where I couldn't load web pages in a browser, but apps like Gmail could get data. It seemed to be better a while later though, even if loading web pages still seemed slow, so I'm hoping this is temporary (possibly congestion due to lots of folks trying to get the KitKat update). I tried updating my PRL and profile and rebooting, but I'm not sure if they actually helped or not.

2. I'm not sure if the WiFi stability issue was fixed. My phone seemed to be disconnecting and reconnecting, but for a while I was also testing mobile data and may have forgotten in what state I left the phone in between doing other things. I hope the WiFi connection remains stable now, but it may take more time and testing here to see for sure.

3. I had a little trouble copying files between my computer and phone over WiFi using ES File Explorer. Using a wire to connect the devices worked fine though, and copying a few smaller files as tests worked. I'm not sure if this had something to do with the music I was copying, the folder structure, unstable WiFi hitting my phone, or what, but it was weird. I was afraid that this was an SD card problem like I had before, but since other copying methods worked, it probably isn't.

4. I have an S View cover now (Samsung's product), and it looks like the screen brightness increases when I close the cover. It's not a big deal, but I don't think it did this before, so I found the apparent change a little odd.

I think that's about it so far. Nothing too bad, as long as the mobile data thing is temporary, which it probably is. I am interested in knowing if others come across any issues so that I can keep an eye out for them.

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I definitely see a difference in battery, I listen to music a lot while im at work and it doesn't drain as easily.

craySean

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

After I installed it my phone froze at the lock screen. Anything touch related wasn't working. I had to take my battery out to restart it. And now my phone seems kinda laggy

anon8378318

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

After I installed it my phone froze at the lock screen. Anything touch related wasn't working. I had to take my battery out to restart it. And now my phone seems kinda laggy

It happened to me too. I rebooted holding the power button a few seconds. After that everything was normal touch wise. Noticed some lag as well but after about an hour everything is smooth again. Prolly was due to things upgrading in the background.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I've had good experiences so far... Only real issue I'm having is Smart Stay isn't working at all. Screen blacks out when reading, wasn't happening before upgrade... Was working great.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

The download was waiting for me this morning. After loading, everything was fine. Anyone who may experience slowdown, etc., I always do a manual restart or even turn the device off for a few minutes. That gives everything a chance to reset, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Downloaded about midnight, installation went smooth, not a single problem noticed yet, it is a touch faster, seems to do a better job of RAM management which I would say accounts for the snappier feel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech