1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 locks up and then reboots since Kitkat

I have had my Note 3 since launch day and have had no reboot or locking up issues till now. I installed kitkat and then my phone started locking up in random apps and then just reboots. It seems to happen 4 or 5 times a day since the install. I tried to wipe the cache, but that didn't help. I read a lot of posts that said to do a complete wipe of the phone after an update, so I decided to try that, but that didn't seem to make any difference either. It doesn't seem to be any certain app either. It just locks up for no reason and then reboots. Its driving me nuts and I'm not sure what else to try. Has anybody else had this issue? Thanks!

Default Re: Note 3 locks up and then reboots since Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by krue92 View Post
    I have had my Note 3 since launch day and have had no reboot or locking up issues till now. I installed kitkat and then my phone started locking up in random apps and then just reboots. It seems to happen 4 or 5 times a day since the install. I tried to wipe the cache, but that didn't help. I read a lot of posts that said to do a complete wipe of the phone after an update, so I decided to try that, but that didn't seem to make any difference either. It doesn't seem to be any certain app either. It just locks up for no reason and then reboots. Its driving me nuts and I'm not sure what else to try. Has anybody else had this issue? Thanks!
    Take it where you brought it from.

Posted via Android Central App

I have the same issue and just started looking for a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by krue92 View Post

This happened to me before KitKat. I thought it was my memory card causing problems (64gb Sandisk), but it just kept happening. Even tried flashing through ODIN before to see and nothing. Had to take it back to Sprint because it eventually kept doing it so much that it hard bricked. I'd take it back where you got it from. Just to be safe reformat any memory card you're using in Windows to be sure. I've had more and more problems the more and more I get Samsung Phones! Been with them since the Samsung Impression and the software is always too buggy.

You did all the regular minor fixes, like removing the battery, etc., I take it. It's not necessary to wipe your phone after a system update. It's a good idea to do a manual restart though. In fact, I usually do a restart after updating apps. I suggest you take it back to the store where you purchased it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast