MMS/hangouts broken after KitKat update

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having this problem? And do any of you have ideas for a fix? I can't get picture mail or hangout messages after I updated to KK. I tried a factory reset and it didn't help.

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hang outs was broken long before the update... Sorry I just couldn't resist. I suggest unless there is something that Hangouts gives you that you can't find anywhere else trying a 3rd party app from the Play Store.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I looked on XDA and everyone said that there was a simple fix for pretty much all of the problems people had been facing. You go into settings and under location pick mode. Then change the mode to something other than power saving. Restart the phone and change the setting back. Then restart it again. My battery is draining far less quickly now. I have no lag and mms and hangouts were fixed. It sounds crazy but it worked for me.

madi05

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
still no dice , no pictures sending i tried textra sms and other apps instead of hangouts or stock messaging on my htc one and kit kat has killed my picture sending smh

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this too. If I'm connected to WiFi, forget it. It won't send. I'm even having problems with texts too. Some texts aren't being delivered even though my phone says it went through.