Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Duplicate app widgets when updating

Has anyone been experiencing duplicate widgets appearing in the widget drawer after updating an application? It seems to occur when updating apps that aren't pre-installed ones. Upon rebooting the phone, or uninstalling and re-installing the app(s), the duplicates disappear. Seems like a bug to me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Default Re: Duplicate app widgets when updating.

If it is a bug, sounds like a fairly inconsequential one. Anyone can place multiple copies of an app shortcut on the homescreens or in folders, so having a duplicate shortcut is certainly not unheard of. I always turn off the Auto-add Widget (Shortcut) option in Google Play anyway, because I don't like it to clutter up my homescreens.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    If it is a bug, sounds like a fairly inconsequential one. Anyone can place multiple copies of an app shortcut on the homescreens or in folders, so having a duplicate shortcut is certainly not unheard of. I always turn off the Auto-add Widget (Shortcut) option in Google Play anyway, because I don't like it to clutter up my homescreens.
    Sorry edited my post to better reflect what I meant. The duplicate widgets don't appear on my homescreen, they appear in my widget drawer tab.

Well that does sound weird. You're running stock, unrooted?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Well that does sound weird. You're running stock, unrooted?
    Full stock. Yeah pretty weird indeed.