Sprint Note 3: What happened to my brightness control bar?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Until this morning it was always there in my top/drag down feature. Just disappeared.. Yes I searched this so if I missed it Oh well. Search feature needs improvement for sure. Any ideas?

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: What happened to my brightness control bar?

Any chance your phone is 5% or below on battery? It will disappear when it's 5% or lower. Maybe it will also happen if you have power save mode on? I don't have power save mode on, so I can't be sure.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Hmm, no,, and no,, weird. Strangest thing is that I can't figure it out. Lol

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Until this morning it was always there in my top/drag down feature. Just disappeared.. Yes I searched this so if I missed it Oh well. Search feature needs improvement for sure. Any ideas?

Z, did you accidentally turn it off in the notification drop down? You know where the wifi, screen rotation etc are located? The two finger Swipe down, then edit, toggle on....

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

te7ygyta.jpg
it is checked.. That's what you mean right?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/10/te7ygyta.jpg it is checked.. That's what you mean right?

Yes, that's it. Did you do a reboot yet? The only time mine disappeared was when I updated to 4.4.2 and I had to toggle it back on. If a reboot and a cache clearing doesn't help, I'm stumped.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I did a reboot,, did not work. That was earlier.. I will do it again when I get home,, I'm out walking /jogging. Music going,, gps workout tracker type app going,, It can wait.. Thanks for the response. ;) I will let you know what happens

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Well I did another reboot and it's still not there. Strange strange strange.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
That is so weird. I had the little hand icon in my notification bar for about 3 hours the other day then it went away. I've had the hand motion on since day one and it was the first time it popped on. Definitely weird.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I finally said the heck with it and installed a widget. Just so happen that I needed to change my battery so I did and what do ya know? It was back... The old battery pull trick. I like the widget better.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I was going to suggest a battery pull but it is so clich?, it's funny. I use it when a reboot doesn't work for whatever reason. Glad you got it back lol

This isn't bashing any phones, but what happens in this case with a sealed battery since a reboot didn't help in your situation? I'm seriously curious.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Gsm & Cdma?

Good point.. I will never have a sealed again. I think my evo lte was the one and only I had. Probably why that was my last htc and switched to Samsung.. Now I have had both brands for a long time and for me Samsung is the clear winner. EDIT : DON'T know how I responded to this post,, I never even seen this post,, oh well.

Ricky Lewis2

May 23, 2015
Visit site

This is my first time doing this so forgive my mistakes.

But it's a simple fix. If you go to your settings > display > notification panel > then checkmark the box asking if you want to display the manual adjust slider bar in your notification thing it should work.

Good luck

felicia0923

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If your battery is very low it will disappear. Until you charge it or replace the battery with a charged one.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888