Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Haalcyon
  • 1 Post By NJallDAY
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Note 3: screen resolution

So seemingly over night my screen resolution went to **** on most images. Even thumb nails that once were crystal clear are pixilated beyond beleif. Has any one had an issue like this? I didnt think you could change screen resolutions...
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-15-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Default Re: screen resolution

Ummm... you can't, unless you somehow zoomed into the screen or are using an app that is showing the wrong resolution assets (if the app 'thinks' your phone has a lower resolution, it'll use it's low-res assets instead of the high-res ones needed for the Note 3). Oh, and I guess that if you're rooted and you modify the right line of configuration code with the wrong info, you can 'trick' all apps into thinking your screen is of a lower resolution.

Can you post a picture? Is this happening throughout the entire phone, or just an app?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Its happening all over. Apps, pictures postes to forums, pics i have in my photo bucket etc. It seems like it happend over night, i dont recall having this problem yesterday. I havent rooted yet so i didnt mess around with anything like that.

Global Posts
    6,437 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by NJallDAY View Post
    Its happening all over. Apps, pictures postes to forums, pics i have in my photo bucket etc. It seems like it happend over night, i dont recall having this problem yesterday. I havent rooted yet so i didnt mess around with anything like that.
    Take a screenshot. See if it shows up in it. If so, post it.

Halcyon  0rbital
    Live long and prosper.

SpookDroid likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Basically all pictures i view are that quality unless its a photo i have taken/take, or an image i downloaded before yesterday.

Have you enabled any kind of data compression app?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Not that i know of. My prox sensor doesnt work to shut the screen of when i make a call so its always on. Everytime i talk on the phone i turn on gps, switch to vibrate and have gone as deep as alarm settings with just my cheek touching the screen.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

So i backed up my contacts and did a factory reset. I think the problem originated from the last firmware update not taking well. Along with the resolution issues some apps were not working correctly. After the reset my resolution is back to normal and theres some new apps added that didnt show up when i updated last.
    SpookDroid likes this.

Glad to know you got it sorted (this is the second case I've seen of this happening, by the way, but on different phones!).

Glad to know you got it sorted (this is the second case I've seen of this happening, by the way, but on different phones!).