Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auvio MHL Adapter not working with my note 3

Help please! Just purchased the auvio MHL adapter from radio shack so I could connect my note 3 to the tv. Hooked everything up perfectly but it's not working. Is it not compatible? Am I doing something wrong? Can I get some help in this issue please thanks.

Default Re: Auvio MHL Adapter not working with my note 3

Does the packaging say it will work with the Note 3?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Dont know if this helps but I know Best Buy sells the Rocketfish one that comes with a Samsung adapter. Im wondering if the pin layout is different on yours and thats why it wont work.

Posted via Android Central App
    Anything that bleeds for a week and lives is pure evil

Masshole!!!!

For the note 3 it needs to be mhl 2.0 or above... I believe 3.0 is coming out or is now out. The problem is that mhl 1. Worked on 1 amp. 2.0 works on 2 amps. Most mhl 1 adapters will not say what version they are but you can look at the amps and take a guess. I would not buy one unless it specifically says 2... whatever or above. I have not bought one yet and may not I am looking at getting a chrome cast which should be able to do the same thing without the cord. The older version just doesn't have enough power to run the note 3 and I am sure there are other differences.
    Just so you know...... Same thing with any charger you buy for your note 3 it needs to be at least 2 amps. In all honesty I would not buy one that was below 2.1 amps. A 1 amp charger may charge your phone but it will be very slow and you risk overheating your charger and the possibility of starting a fire. I have found that in an emergency sometime soon it will work but I only left it plugged in for 10 minutes and it only charge 1% . Not taking any chances.