Navigation app for the Note 3 ...recommendations?

RLNRachs

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Problem:
I need to find a GPS Navigation app that can do these three things:
1. Choice of 2D or 3D view.
2. Shows turn by turn directions (for example: map rotates on screen pointing east when you turn and are now eastbound)
3. A live compass on the screen showing your current direction travelling.

Back when I had my Galaxy S3, Sprint had a stock navigation app (called, "Navigator", I think) that came with the phone. It could do the 3 things listed above.
Currently, Sprint no longer provides Navigator. Can't find it in the app store. Sprint said to download "Scout" and use that since Navigator is not a stock app anymore.

Here are my problems with Scout and why I don't like it:
It does #1 above, but not #2 or 3.

Does anyone have a GPS navigation app they got from the Google PlayStore that has features 1 thru 3 listed above?

Thanks.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Problem:
I need to find a GPS Navigation app that can do these three things:
1. Choice of 2D or 3D view.
2. Shows turn by turn directions (for example: map rotates on screen pointing east when you turn and are now eastbound)
3. A live compass on the screen showing your current direction travelling.

Back when I had my Galaxy S3, Sprint had a stock navigation app (called, "Navigator", I think) that came with the phone. It could do the 3 things listed above.
Currently, Sprint no longer provides Navigator. Can't find it in the app store. Sprint said to download "Scout" and use that since Navigator is not a stock app anymore.

Here are my problems with Scout and why I don't like it:
It does #1 above, but not #2 or 3.

Does anyone have a GPS navigation app they got from the Google PlayStore that has features 1 thru 3 listed above?

Thanks.

Sprint now offers "Scout" for free as "Telenav" will no longer be updated or supported. As you stated above.

This can be downloaded via the Google play store.

I can do all three. Have you changes/played with settings?

Hope this helps! 😊

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

RLNRachs

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
If Scout can do all three of what I mentioned, then yes, you are correct, I have some settings wrong on it. Can you tell me what settings I would need to change in Scout in order to get items 2 and 3 (in my original list) to work?

Posted via Android Central App w/ Galaxy Note 3

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I use Scout all the time, and it does all you want and more. You just need to adjust your settings.

Posted via Android Central App

RLNRachs

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Can you tell me what settings to change specifically so Scout can do what I mentioned in my original post?

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Scout rocks. Go into settings,, setup account. It's all there. Make sure you update. Just received a update.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Last edited: