Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to fix boot loop issue after flashing with Cyanogenmod 11 nigtly

I have Samsung Note 3 from Sprint, which I have rooted and installed custom recovery twrp 2.6.x.x. Now, I am trying to install Cyanogenmod 11 nightly and I keep seeing the message: unable to moutn e:/usbstorage. And I think this is messing with my attempt to install Cyanogenmod 11 because after install, the phone is caught in a boot loop. I went into recovery and wiped data and delvic cache but nothing changed. I checked the MD5 hash of Cyanogenmod and it is good. I have also tried older versions from the same nightly page. I just get this one error. When I flash the phone, if I ask twrp to check the MD5, it fails. If don't ask for it, it says that there is no hash file and reports that install was a success. But instead the phone goes into a boot loop. The twrp install / flashing process seems to take a short time. I have done this once, and had to revert back to stock; from what I recall last time it took a little longer to flash the phone with another rom. I saw this link about the same issue on a different phone. Here is the link Script / Fix Soft Brick Loop_ EFS partition_01.11.13 =noteSome of the people on the site say that the script worked for their Note 3. Others say that the script is not for Note 3. Regardless, I tried it but nothing changed. I need help to fix this issue. I do have a stock image to flash my phone if anything breaks. I also have the rooting and twrp flashing tools and procedures. I do it in my sleep now. I do not know if I should start messing with PIT files. This site has procedures for fixing a boot loop; I tried it but did not fix my issue. How to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy Note 3 (All Models)

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: How to fix boot loop issue after flashing with Cyanogenmod 11 nigtly

Quote Originally Posted by zohal52 View Post
    I have Samsung Note 3 from Sprint, which I have rooted and installed custom recovery twrp 2.6.x.x. Now, I am trying to install Cyanogenmod 11 nightly and I keep seeing the message: unable to moutn e:/usbstorage. And I think this is messing with my attempt to install Cyanogenmod 11 because after install, the phone is caught in a boot loop. I went into recovery and wiped data and delvic cache but nothing changed. I checked the MD5 hash of Cyanogenmod and it is good. I have also tried older versions from the same nightly page. I just get this one error. When I flash the phone, if I ask twrp to check the MD5, it fails. If don't ask for it, it says that there is no hash file and reports that install was a success. But instead the phone goes into a boot loop. The twrp install / flashing process seems to take a short time. I have done this once, and had to revert back to stock; from what I recall last time it took a little longer to flash the phone with another rom. I saw this link about the same issue on a different phone. Here is the link Script / Fix Soft Brick Loop_ EFS partition_01.11.13 =noteSome of the people on the site say that the script worked for their Note 3. Others say that the script is not for Note 3. Regardless, I tried it but nothing changed. I need help to fix this issue. I do have a stock image to flash my phone if anything breaks. I also have the rooting and twrp flashing tools and procedures. I do it in my sleep now. I do not know if I should start messing with PIT files. This site has procedures for fixing a boot loop; I tried it but did not fix my issue. How to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy Note 3 (All Models)
    Welcome to the forums.
    When you installed CM, did you wipe cache, dalvik and do a factory reset?

To fix this, you probably are going to have to reflash a stock ROM, and I don't think you need to worry about a PIT file. Reflash, reroot, reflash TWRP, then try again. After reflashing the custom recovery, I would make a Nandroid backup, just in case.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: How to fix boot loop issue after flashing with Cyanogenmod 11 nigtly

the boot loop is no allowing my mobile to charge completely due to which i am unable to install or flash any other rom.
    can some one help me.