Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default accidentally uninstalled stock messaging app

Hi guys I'm new here and I have a issue with my note 3. I accidentally uninstalled my stock Android messaging app and I want it back. I can't deal with those 3rd party apps they are decent but always lacking one feature (like mms) or another. If there is any way to get it back I'm all ears!! Thanks for any and all info guys.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: accidentally uninstalled stock messaging app

Reflash your ROM.
    Wiping data or factory reset wont solve this seeing as the apk would have been in /system and not /data

Quote Originally Posted by Arryn Montgomery View Post
    Hi guys I'm new here and I have a issue with my note 3. I accidentally uninstalled my stock Android messaging app and I want it back. I can't deal with those 3rd party apps they are decent but always lacking one feature (like mms) or another. If there is any way to get it back I'm all ears!! Thanks for any and all info guys.

I don't know how you uninstalled the Messages app. From the Application Manager, there's no choice to uninstall it. You can force stop it, but not uninstall it. Check for it in the All section and see if it still shows. As far as 3rd. party apps, you might want to try GO SMS Pro. It's free and does it all. It's very customizable, too.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

T-Mobile Note 4 (5.0.1)
    2013 Nexus 7 wifi (5.1.1)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
    T-Mobile Gear S
    Thanked by:

To uninstall a system app you need to root, if you are not rooted then see the post #3 .if you are rooted and the app is gone then try the post #2

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I uninstalled the messaging app not the messages app the one that comes from android not samsung

Reflash with odin, first you need to find current firmware form sammobile. you can find the tutorial in androidcentral

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Do I have to root my phone before I re flash?

No need to root, if you were rooted before reflashing will remove it

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

That's fine I've never rooted before so I should be good to go. I'll let you guys know the results

ChompSms > all

Sent from my SGNote 3

Hello seriously I uninstalled the stock messaging file for my GS5 using titanium back up is there anyway to side load it do I have any other option besides wiping and flashing stock rom. Im having trouble wth odin and all I really want is the messaging file id appreciate the help