Sprint Note 3 getting 4.4.4

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I r'cvd the update Wednesday and tried to avoid updating the phone due to the problems I saw in forums. But I was too excited and updated late that night. It's early Friday morning and the stock e-mail app is corrupt/broken. I've cleared my accounts and cache. Added the accounts back in and still have the same problem. Good news is no ir blaster, camera or wifi problems here. Sad.

As for changes, I see the few others have posted before me. Some clean up on font on the notification bar, the gps now a location button. The wifi calling icon is straight white colored icon. A few slight changes in the settings menu layout.

If you heavily rely on your E-mails, do not update to 4.4.4. Wait it out for a week or two. We could only hope a patch comes out.

eplanajr

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I did notice that before I would always be right around 2-2.5gb of 3gb RAM being used... Now im in the lower 1gb of ram used, same apps... Something I like =)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Guess I got lucky,, no stock email issue or any issue at all. Maybe it had something to do with the factory reset I did a week ago just for the hell of it? Hmmm

Note 3,,,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING

dafoot2

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that my screen timeout isn't working. I don't get that eyeball icon in the drop down anymore. Doesn't work on any time setting

Posted via Android Central App

crazyhairboy

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Updated last week: I have no stock email issues and I have noticed a reduction of battery drain. YEY!
IR blaster does not seem to work. :(

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
No e mail problems after manual update today BUT "Hi Galaxy" doesn't wake the phone now. I used that in conjunction with Google Now a lot when driving. Hope Samsung works it out...