Lolipop Sprint Note 3 ETA??

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a clue on how long until the Note 3 on Sprint gets some Lolipop love?? Tmobile has had there's before my wife got her Note 4 update... What gives Sprint?!?!?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why 5.0.1 or 5.1 wasn't released. 5.0.1 was released just weeks after 5.0 but yet we got 5.0. Interesting.

Posted via the Android Central App

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I got it too! Not a big fan of some of the changes, but glad to see it updated regardless!!! Anyone play the "Flappy Droid" Easter Egg they built in??

It's on the Note 4 also...

Last edited:

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Never liked material design on other phones and so far I'm still not liking it. The tons of notifications were annoying but after turning them off for all the apps I didn't need them for it's ok. The notifications menu color hurts my eyes. I miss the settings options when I click on the menu button and the recent apps view is horrible to look at now. My battery life has dipped a bit but I'm using an older battery so I'm going to switch it out and see if that helps.

Posted via Android Central App

backpacker2012

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So far I haven't noticed any impact on battery life. I ended the first day or two a little lower but the was due in part to exploring lollipop. After normal use I end up at the end of the day about the same as kitkat.

Posted via the Android Central App

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Battery definitely worse.
Can't wake up with "Hi Galaxy"
It is "faster" but not by a lot.
Notifications are not handled as well as KitKat.
All in all would love to know how to Uninstall. I usually love the discovery part of an update but this is a pain in the *** just trying to get it close to usable as before.
Did I mention the battery issue...

Posted via Android Central App

P. S. In the time it took to write this the battery used 3 percent of my battery. Nothing looks out of line in the consumption data.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why 5.0.1 or 5.1 wasn't released. 5.0.1 was released just weeks after 5.0 but yet we got 5.0. Interesting
It can take them a few months to do their thing to the update, so they spent their time on 5.0, and they weren't going to dump all that work in the middle just because 5.0-5.0.2 have a memory leak and it was fixed in 5.1. People want new, not good. As long as they're seeing pushing out a new update, most customers are happy, and that's who they're worried about - most customers. The few of us who post here or on XDA wouldn't be paying them enough to stay in business for 2 hours.