Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: Sprint: Available April 27 for $249

Quote Originally Posted by Suda View Post
    You mean like how the $250 was supposed to be for the 16GB AT&T version, which was announced in the same fashion as this one? If I'm not mistaken AT&T isn't selling a $250 16GB S4 are they?
    The $249 price for AT&T never stated the storage capacity, I have little doubt they were trying to slide a 16GB version out, but they were at least smart enough to float the price without capacity to see the reaction. People reacted or they just updated it to reflect the 16GB IS $199 and the 32GB IS $249, but coming soon. Its the coming soon part that is bugging me.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, they won't be selling 16GB for $250. And neither will Sprint.

If they did by any chance though, well then shame on Sprint. But for now I'm just going to sum it up to Sprint pulling an AT&T and giving vague information about the launch, only to clear it up in the days before their pre-orders go live.
    Spring has advertised it at $249 for 16GB but you get it for $149 if you are switching to Sprint. Seriously who is switching to Sprint?
    swarlos likes this.

Global Posts
    4,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I guess Sprint is still trying to recoup the costs associated with the new purple GS3 they just announced. I mean really who is going to buy last years phone in a new fashion color when you can get this years phone.

You can now preorder through Best Buy. Same price as Sprint.
    Right now they offer free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Concho Pete View Post
    You can now preorder through Best Buy. Same price as Sprint.
    Right now they offer free shipping.
    Hm...I doubt they'd ever waive the activation fee, thoughts?

Checked a local RadioScrap, might as well have been asking for one at the apple store with how they acted......
    Phone: Evo 4G

YES! I checked with RadioCrap yesterday and they were utterly clueless. At the sprint local stores you can hold a phone with $50 down. So that's what I plan to do this saturday and then next Saturday the 27th it's all mine muahahhhaa. They also can take your eligible trade then, and FYI HTC Evo 3D is worth $42 trade.

Quote Originally Posted by taynxtlvl View Post
    YES! I checked with RadioCrap yesterday and they were utterly clueless. At the sprint local stores you can hold a phone with $50 down. So that's what I plan to do this saturday and then next Saturday the 27th it's all mine muahahhhaa. They also can take your eligible trade then, and FYI HTC Evo 3D is worth $42 trade.
    I've never sold a phone on eBay before but I think I might try this go-around. Saw the $42 Sprint is giving for the 3D, however, saw some used 3D's going for $70-80 online. Would be more than satisfied if I could get that much for it. Thoughts anyone?

Went to a Best Buy Mobile store today. They will give me $75 for my Evo lte, and I signed up for a $50 instant rebate via email a few months ago. They also had the HTC One there. Nice phone. Either way I go, that's where I'll purchase it. Also, each phone will come pre installed with a screen protector. Not a bad deal.

Did Sprint sell out or something? On their website it says they're out of stock on both colors and they closed pre-orders, while AT&T is still open. I know for the black HTC One Sprint said they were out of stock when the reality is they never had them to begin with.

Did Sprint sell out or something? On their website it says they're out of stock on both colors and they closed pre-orders, while AT&T is still open. I know for the black HTC One Sprint said they were out of stock when the reality is they never had them to begin with.
    Yes. Pre order stock is sold out. The site says to check back 4/27. Probably when stock will renew.

Quote Originally Posted by bgsanti View Post
    Yes. Pre order stock is sold out. The site says to check back 4/27. Probably when stock will renew.
    That's the date the phone officially goes on sale.

Sprint website says they will give me $75 for my Galaxy S2...but mine has two tiny dings on it. Would they still give me $75 if it isnt in perfect condition?

Will Best Buy pricematch Sprint's price if I buy the phone outright without a contract? It's listed as $749 on Best Buy compared to $599 at Sprint...

Asking because I've got the Buy Back on my current phone and they will give a gift card when they buy it back...

Quote Originally Posted by SplitInfiniti View Post
    Will Best Buy pricematch Sprint's price if I buy the phone outright without a contract? It's listed as $749 on Best Buy compared to $599 at Sprint...

Asking because I've got the Buy Back on my current phone and they will give a gift card when they buy it back...
    I called Best Buy with the same question & they said no. So I bought mine from Sprint instead.
    Regional Leg Breaker

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Too many to list...

Glad I got my order in. I should have a shiny new black mist GS4 arriving on my porch next Saturday.

Looks like Sprint and AT&T aren't the only ones with sold out stock

Telus is giving its customers $50 off the phone if they put their order off for two weeks because they don't have phones to meet the demand. Seems as if there may also be more colors of the S4 down the line too.

Default Sprint: Available April 27 for $249

Quote Originally Posted by Deutch View Post
    I may just call Sprint and see if they will match their new customer price of $149. I've been a Sprint customer for well over 10 years, have 3 lines with a monthly bill of over $200. Maybe I'll get a little leeway from them. If not, I may just cancel my lines and move to another carrier. The lack of coverage and slow 3g and no 4g has been starting to get to me for the past few months so maybe this will just light a fire under my a$$ to finally do something about it. I'll be able to sell the two other iphone 5's on my account to more than offset the cancellation fees.
    Wouldn't hold my breath for the last month I worked for a company who took calls for sprint. Sprint is such a crappy company they wouldn't do crap for their loyal customers. I would switch dude Sprint's service is so bad!!

Sent from the collector home world.

Quote Originally Posted by RyTyFern View Post
    Sprint website says they will give me $75 for my Galaxy S2...but mine has two tiny dings on it. Would they still give me $75 if it isnt in perfect condition?
    Sell it to best buy for $120 for good condition
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by 12MaNy View Post
    Glad I got my order in. I should have a shiny new black mist GS4 arriving on my porch next Saturday.

I don't think UPS has saturday delivery.. so you'll probably see it on Friday!
    Thanked by:
    12MaNy 
    12MaNy likes this.
    Regional Leg Breaker

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Too many to list...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I don't think UPS has saturday delivery.. so you'll probably see it on Friday!
    That's the first time I've ever been glad to be reminded of UPS's standard delivery schedule!

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Just made my reservation at Best Buy, but I'm not holding my breath:

I asked them if I can pre-order and buy off-contract, and they said sure. I asked them if they would price match the off-contract pricing of a Sprint store, and they said sure. Depending on who I talk to when I pick up my phone, I'm hoping both of these things will be honored.

If it does end up working out, that would be $599 - $280 for the buy back of my EVO 4G LTE. $319 off-contract isn't too bad!!

::crossing my fingers::

I went to a Sprint store and just pre-ordered mine today...they said they should be getting enough inventory to cover the first round of orders...we'll see if I get a call on Saturday.
    I have no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by RG129 View Post
    Just made my reservation at Best Buy, but I'm not holding my breath:

I asked them if I can pre-order and buy off-contract, and they said sure. I asked them if they would price match the off-contract pricing of a Sprint store, and they said sure. Depending on who I talk to when I pick up my phone, I'm hoping both of these things will be honored.

If it does end up working out, that would be $599 - $280 for the buy back of my EVO 4G LTE. $319 off-contract isn't too bad!!

::crossing my fingers::
    Bestbuy is giving you $280 for your EVO 4G LTE?!?!?!? I asked Sprint how much they would give me back for my S3 and they told me $115!!!! WTF!!! Good for you though if they honor that! I will try my luck with BB as well.

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Bestbuy is giving you $280 for your EVO 4G LTE?!?!?!? I asked Sprint how much they would give me back for my S3 and they told me $115!!!! WTF!!! Good for you though if they honor that! I will try my luck with BB as well.
    When I got my EVO, I purchased Best Buy's Buy Back program, which guarantees you 50% of the phones retail value ($699) if you trade in within the first 6 months, 40% within months 6-12, etc. It only cost me $30 and I figured it was a good idea considering how often I upgrade phones. Unfortunately Best Buy no longer offers the program.

Quote Originally Posted by RG129 View Post
    When I got my EVO, I purchased Best Buy's Buy Back program, which guarantees you 50% of the phones retail value ($699) if you trade in within the first 6 months, 40% within months 6-12, etc. It only cost me $30 and I figured it was a good idea considering how often I upgrade phones. Unfortunately Best Buy no longer offers the program.
    Ahh ok.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast