Sprint: Available April 27 for $249

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah at first At&t came out with the same price point but then clarified it was for the 32 gb version. I am guessing and hoping it's the same for Sprint. I have been liking my Sprint service a lot more in the last few days since they have been lighting up lte in my city. 30 MBit down and 11 up are nothing to sneeze at.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

benmcf

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the fact sheet on the Sprint Newsroom it shows the 16 GB variant. Really disappointed with Sprint here, not only are they the last of the major carriers to announce, they set a price point $50 over everyone else. I usually stick up for Sprint because by and large I have had a good experience, but they are making themselves pretty hard to defend here.

Check all the way at the bottom, under "Specifications"
Sprint Newsroom | Samsung Galaxy S? 4 Fact Sheet

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow, can't believe they are going to make us pay $50 more. Hopefully they will change just like ATT, but if they don't then I guess I will have to deal with it if I plan to preorder. Atleast I don't have to pay full price.

jredecop82

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
If you look at the fact sheet on the Sprint Newsroom it shows the 16 GB variant. Really disappointed with Sprint here, not only are they the last of the major carriers to announce, they set a price point $50 over everyone else. I usually stick up for Sprint because by and large I have had a good experience, but they are making themselves pretty hard to defend here.

Check all the way at the bottom, under "Specifications"
Sprint Newsroom | Samsung Galaxy S? 4 Fact Sheet

Verizon still hasn't announced..

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just talked to a Sprint person who asked a senior supervisor, and even they can't say for sure what the deal with the pricing is. Guess we will find out soon enough.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
the price point for this phone is just to high across the board. and the fact no one is offering the 32gb model is really making me rethink getting the s4 at all.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I will buy at the 249 price if that is what it is, but best believe if the price drops within 14 to 30 days I will ask to be credited the difference.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
249 for existing customers but only 149 for new customers.. I can see Sprint wanting to bring new people but why punish the ones staying?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
249 for existing customers but only 149 for new customers.. I can see Sprint wanting to bring new people but why punish the ones staying?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

I know, I feel the same way!

Sprint is in bad shape from what I have been reading lately. Softbank and Dish Network are trying to buy Sprint because it seems they are not making share holders happy. Their network is way behind Verizon and AT&T so perhaps new ownership might help them get back on track with competing against the bigger networks. Here in NYC, I have fairly good service but their Data service is lacking tremendously! I am getting 4G LTE but its very spotty and random and not really that much faster than 3G. I can only imagine how many customers they have here in NYC. They should be working to improve their network in the bigger cities where most of their profit is coming from. Only time will tell I guess!