Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Sprint: Available April 27 for $249

I just talked to a Spring chat guy. I can upgrade 2 months before my scheduled upgrade date IF i pay them $50 and then I can only buy the phone in a Sprint store.

Cant justify paying an extra $50 on top of the $50 extra Sprint is charging for whatever reason. Looks like i'll be waiting until July 1. Hopefully someone has it on sale by then.

Quote Originally Posted by phone-a-holic View Post
    That's interesting because my upgrade date was June 27th and I called today and they changed it so I could upgrade. I also just received an email about the change. I called in also to verify and the upgrade date to be fully eligible is April1.
    I wonder if they'll do that with my upgrade date of August 1st. I'm like a 13 year subscriber so who knows... maybe I should call. Worst they can do is say no I guess.

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    I wonder if they'll do that with my upgrade date of August 1st. I'm like a 13 year subscriber so who knows... maybe I should call. Worst they can do is say no I guess.
    It's called the "Upgrade Now" program. They're still offering people to buy out their contract in order to upgrade early. The price depends on how much of your contract is left, and they make you do the upgrade at a corporate Sprint store or through telesales (so Sprint gets all of the profit).

Global Posts
    1,159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

i always stuck up for sprint but coverage in my area has gone from bad to worse to straight awful. every time i called they told me that they were updating the towers in my area. i got this excuse for over 6 months. i kept missing calls, texts wouldn't go through, and i never could use the internet unless i was at home using my wifi. i had to leave and i'm with verizon now as of yesterday. i'm hoping that the S4 will be released before my 14 days are up so i can get it. but yesterday when i was downloading my apps, i was able to download them without issue on verizon's network...something i couldn't do with sprint unless i was in my house connected to my wifi. its true that they are the only carrier with true unlimited data but what good was it when i couldn't use it? if sprint could have gotten their tower act together i'd still be with them. i really did like sprint. i always had great customer service and they were always helpful but with missed calls i was afraid that my son's school would call and they couldn't get ahold of me. i spoke to a verizon rep and he said that the S4 would be available for pre-order the end of this month. not saying its true as reps lie...just stating what i heard. hope its true

I tried calling Sprint Customer Service today. My upgrade date is July 01 and I used to be the premier member that got the upgrade every 12 months. The lady was not very helpful and told me that if I want to upgrade the 2 months early it would cost me $175 additional. Cancelling my contract would be $140.

So if I was to stay with sprint it would cost me $175 + $250 (and fees) totaling $425. To leave sprint I would pay $140 plus new phone $200 totaling $340. We have 4 lines with Sprint and been with them over 10 years. I was shocked they would not even move me up 2 months when I said I am going to leave.

Whoever got them to change their date was much luckier than I was!

Yah, I called and they offered to let me buy out my contract (ends in December) for $125 and they could just bill it to my account. Yah, no.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Mine is May 1st and they told me $50... I will wait.

Yah, I called and they offered to let me buy out my contract (ends in December) for $125 and they could just bill it to my account. Yah, no.
    They still add it to the bill because I'm buying mines on sprint tomorrow Iu n store but I was paying all upfront

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

What are the odds of getting Sprint to wave the upgrade/activation fee?

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Sprint wanted 100 bucks to let me dear old mums upgrade her phone 1 month before her contract expired yah. No thanks

Wirefly has it for $199 upgrade...but "ships when available" so who knows if that means soon

Ugh Ever since i updated my Epic 4G Touch to JB, the battery has crapped out on me. Tried a factory reset and no dice. Got fed up and went into the Sprint store today. Officially 2 months away from my upgrade date. Was expecting them to charge me $50 to upgrade. I didn't want to pay the extra, but i am frustrated with my old phone and my bday is Saturday and I am going on vacation next week, so I wanted the new phone.

Yeah they still want $100 to upgrade 2 months early. Ridiculous.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mitsueks View Post
    Mine is May 1st and they told me $50... I will wait.
    Waited until today... I few Best Buys in SA had stock so I was able to pick mine up this morning.

I sold my s3 for $250 so my upgrade was free.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234