Thanks for the non notice BBuy...Sprint galaxy s4

marvel_us_mel

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Like other's I pre-ordered through BBuy on Aug.18th to get the GS4 slated to drop today April 27th. I've used the process in the past for EVO's, iPhone4,4s and 5.

The same energy it would take each individual BBuy to contact each customer to set up the pick up time w/ pre-ordered customers (as done in the past); could have and should have been used to message,email or notify simply, "Hey...don't come in, call or drop by because your order is not here and we are awaiting info on delivery."

Instead, there were near friggin' blood shed and gnashing of teeth at the BBuy I went to today to see why I haven't heard anything LOL. There were people ticked off about not being told anything until they showed up. A "form" email had been sent to inform you your order has been placed...surely a form email could be sent to say hey don't waste a trip until we contact you.

I saw some pretty pissed off folk today, I'm not one of them...but I wish some notice would have been sent out late last night, this morning or Hell even at noon. Jus sayin'

- Waiting w/ no clue

bgsanti

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm never going to preorder thru BB again, after my experience purchasing the S3 last year. Waited forever in a huge line, even tho they had setup so called "appointments" for everyone. And when it was my turn, they could not activate my phone and told me to come back in an hour. Lol!

This year, I preordered thru the Sprint website. Got my phone and activated on the date that was sent to me via email. So happy. No lines either.

marvel_us_mel

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
This year, I preordered thru the Sprint website. Got my phone and activated on the date that was sent to me via email. So happy. No lines either.

This year my friend...you are the wise one! lol. I hope to post you're same quote next year when I pre-order the "next big thing" ;-)

Thanks for the info!

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I got the email and went into the store and picked mine up at 10am this morning with no issues. There were some disappointed people there who expexted to get without a pre order. ..but not much other than a better public education system is going to fix that. ..

Sent from my Galaxy S 4 on Sprint

Dot606

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I "preordered" mine yesterday at a Best Buy mobile at 7pm and picked it up a half hour later. Very smooth transaction.
I also got my sons HTC one very easily at BB last week.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been buying from BB for the past few years. When you preorder, they're supposed to enter your e-mail so you get a confirmation e-mail saying your phone has been reserved and you will be contacted via e-mail when it was ready for pickup. Saturday morning, I called BB to see if they have any updates, and the guy that answered said they should receive shipment within the next few days. A few hours later, a received an e-mail from BB saying my phone was ready to pick up. I walked in around 1PM, there was nobody else there, and the sales associate activated my phone and I was done.

Last year was even more fortunate. With the HTC EVO 4G LTE on a customs ban, retail stores were not sure when they were allowed to start selling in. Once BB received the stock of phones, I got an e-mail and picked my phone up the same day, even though Sprint said not to release the phones until the following Saturday or something. I remember buying a case from the corporate Sprint store, and everybody was shocked that I had the phone since they weren't supposed to be sold yet.

marvel_us_mel

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Glad you had no delay in your orders for Best Buy, although not the case at the BBuy here in San Antonio. By chance were the orders you actually got contacted for for "white" s4's?

I was told by a BBuy employee that the Sprint black ones weren't delivered to the store...which was what I ordered. I've had success in the past, but not this year.

Thnx

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Glad you had no delay in your orders for Best Buy, although not the case at the BBuy here in San Antonio. By chance were the orders you actually got contacted for for "white" s4's?

I was told by a BBuy employee that the Sprint black ones weren't delivered to the store...which was what I ordered. I've had success in the past, but not this year.

Thnx

Yes, I ordered the white one. My BB store didn't seem to have many preorders for the Sprint SGS4. The BB Mobile guy did say that they had just enough phones to fulfill the preorders, plus 1 extra in each color in case one of them turned out to be a lemon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781