Hangouts app won't sign into Google!!!

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I update the app (google talk) through play store, go to open the app and immediately get a pop up saying "couldn't sign in because we couldn't reach Google. Try again"

Posted via Android Central App

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Either uninstall and reinstall or go to apps and clear the cache, if those don't work sign out of your Google account and sign back in.

Sent from my SPH-L720

makeotapackage-j4

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Just to report, clearing data from the usual suspect--Google Services Framework-is the one thing that seemed to do the trick for me, and I suspect it will work for most anyone that receives the message "..blah..can't sign into Google..blah..".

makeotapackage-j4

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I guess you could call it a user-error - at least in the sense that most people experiencing this are on custom ROMs with Gapps flashed on the top. Google apps and their proprietary libraries are somewhat complex in how they relate to account integration and future service updates.
The majority of the time, once a Gapps package is flashed on a device, that device should (theoretically) live in perfect harmony with the entire Google (Play) service ecosystem. They're meticulously assembled to implement everything smoothy, but sometimes, after Google makes a big change, things do not transition properly or cleanly.
In this case, Google made a fairly major change to it's messaging service, and the way it behaves in the background. Google Services Framework is a major part of connecting Google accounts with Google services, and simply clearing it can resolve most issues with syncing or sign-in. So yes, this could be considered user-error, even if only because stock devices were not affected in any significant numbers that I saw. It just happens, and nothing can be solved on Google's side. The ROM/root community seem to have been the main sufferers.

goffege

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Delete hangouts , delete google services, download hangouts, google then forces u to download Google services, download it and whaaalaaa. ;-)

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got the Nexus 7 and updated the hangouts app. As soon as I try to open it, it flashes on and crashes. It will not open at all. Any fix?

swindelljd

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm running a VZW SG3 stock and am having the same issue with hangouts. I've tried deleting/rolling back hangouts, voice and Google Play services all multiple times in different sequences with reboots in between without any success. One time I ended up in a brief boot loop after rolling back play services.

Is there anything else that people have found that fixed the issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon