Different notification sound for text and email?

Echomango

May 28, 2013
Visit site
is it possible to have different notification sounds for text and email? Forgive my newb status. Just got the phone and love it so far. Thanks for any help.

E

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
is it possible to have different notification sounds for text and email? Forgive my newb status. Just got the phone and love it so far. Thanks for any help.

E

Welcome to the forums, and from the sounds of it, Android!

Try going into each application you want to have a different notification for. Say text...go into the app where you see your list of conversations. Click the menu key next to home, and it should bring up some options, Settings being one of them. Click that, and almost all the way down (I think this is a big list) should be notification settings. Email app shoudl be the same way.

Echomango

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this. It made it easy to create different sounds knowing that each application had their own settings for notification. Problem solved.

Is there a thorough manual that explains how to use the camera on the S4? The manual is weak and just describes the various modes. I would love to see something that goes into more detail about each mode and how best to use them.

Thanks again!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this. It made it easy to create different sounds knowing that each application had their own settings for notification. Problem solved.

Is there a thorough manual that explains how to use the camera on the S4? The manual is weak and just describes the various modes. I would love to see something that goes into more detail about each mode and how best to use them.

Thanks again!

Maybe Samsungs website? I think they have downloadable manuals there.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

rhanan56

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the great info! :)
I want to put a custom notification file on a Tab 3.
What is the default (or best) audio file format for this?
Where is the storage folder for these files? (I know you can keep them "anywhere", but what is the default Android folder ?)
How do I access this file to make it my Mail notification?
Thanks!
Robert from Winnipeg, MB

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yep I use Zedge too. You can download a bunch of notifications then you can just uninstall the app when you are done. Or you can keep the app installed but personally I like to keep my applications to the bare minimum that I actually use on a regular basis. Stuff that I don't use often I just install and uninstall as necessary.

Braaf

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There's the answer. Thank you!! Was getting pretty tired of unwanted interruptions from Facebook and Gmail when anticipating more important text messages.
:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance