1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Different notification sound for text and email?

is it possible to have different notification sounds for text and email? Forgive my newb status. Just got the phone and love it so far. Thanks for any help.

E

Global Posts
    14,000 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Different notification sound for text and email?

Quote Originally Posted by Echomango View Post
    is it possible to have different notification sounds for text and email? Forgive my newb status. Just got the phone and love it so far. Thanks for any help.

E

Welcome to the forums, and from the sounds of it, Android!

Try going into each application you want to have a different notification for. Say text...go into the app where you see your list of conversations. Click the menu key next to home, and it should bring up some options, Settings being one of them. Click that, and almost all the way down (I think this is a big list) should be notification settings. Email app shoudl be the same way.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for this. It made it easy to create different sounds knowing that each application had their own settings for notification. Problem solved.

Is there a thorough manual that explains how to use the camera on the S4? The manual is weak and just describes the various modes. I would love to see something that goes into more detail about each mode and how best to use them.

Thanks again!

Global Posts
    14,000 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Echomango View Post
    Thanks for this. It made it easy to create different sounds knowing that each application had their own settings for notification. Problem solved.

Is there a thorough manual that explains how to use the camera on the S4? The manual is weak and just describes the various modes. I would love to see something that goes into more detail about each mode and how best to use them.

Thanks again!
    Maybe Samsungs website? I think they have downloadable manuals there.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Thanks for the great info!
    I want to put a custom notification file on a Tab 3.
    What is the default (or best) audio file format for this?
    Where is the storage folder for these files? (I know you can keep them "anywhere", but what is the default Android folder ?)
    How do I access this file to make it my Mail notification?
    Thanks!
    Robert from Winnipeg, MB

One of my notification tones in s4 mini was erased. how to restore the notification?

Zedge is an app you can get from the Play Store and it has almost any notification sound you would want.

Yep I use Zedge too. You can download a bunch of notifications then you can just uninstall the app when you are done. Or you can keep the app installed but personally I like to keep my applications to the bare minimum that I actually use on a regular basis. Stuff that I don't use often I just install and uninstall as necessary.
    ... but I still miss WebOS

There's the answer. Thank you!! Was getting pretty tired of unwanted interruptions from Facebook and Gmail when anticipating more important text messages.