after OTA update, text messages don't ring

gunblade0705

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
After an OTA update last week, my SGS4 doesn't ring when I receive texts anymore. It only vibrates a little. Does anyone know the solution? Help!

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
After an OTA update last week, my SGS4 doesn't ring when I receive texts anymore. It only vibrates a little. Does anyone know the solution? Help!

You didn't say, so I have to ask whether you have checked your notifications settings under "Sound" in the "Settings/My Device" menu to see if the update simply reset your message to a different ring tone (i.e., silent or beep once) and all rings to vibrate (a separate setting). Let us know if the update eliminated these menu settings somehow (a more serious issue that no one has reported yet).

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I had the same problem with text messages not playing sounds. I've only had my phone for 2 weeks, and I'm not positive if it was always that way, or if that just started after the update. I had installed "My Profiles" as soon as I got the phone and wondered if that was causing the problem. --- Anyway, I decided to download Handcent from the Play Store and the sound notification works perfectly with that application.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yah, I've actually reset the the ringtone 3 times now.

Does not sound good. I've been holding off installing MF9 because of several bug reports primarily dealing with power management (battery charging & depletion issues). Since I am not clamoring for apps to sd, I think I'll hold off because rolling back is a PITA.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Does not sound good. I've been holding off installing MF9 because of several bug reports primarily dealing with power management (battery charging & depletion issues). Since I am not clamoring for apps to sd, I think I'll hold off because rolling back is a PITA.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Can you actually remove the update? I would love this!!! My battery drain problem is driving me mad!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084