Seems like a Samsung problem...

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Every Samsung I've owned (Epic, Epic Touch, S3, Note 2, S4) always get an Error Code 34 when sending messages. I've owned other non-Samsung products and have only experienced it a handful of times on those devices. Every time I call Sprint, they do the ##72786# thing and its a temporary fix, I still get the Error Code 34. Any advice?? I love my S4, but I also like to text :)

Oh, and of course, I'm on Sprint...obviously since I am in the Sprint forums, but I figured I would clarify that lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It may be a Sprint issue for you. I've had the Galaxy S2, 3, and then the HTC One on Sprint (I've since switched but...) none of those phones ever produced that error while texting.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you get it with the default messaging app, or does it also happen with a third-party app (such as Handcent or GoSMS)?

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
It happens with the default messaging app or a third-party app. I just found it odd that I only have this problem with the Samsung phones I've owned and no non-Samsung phones. When I called them, they did all the programming stuff and ##72786# thing then said they would have to send a tech to the towers in my area because it may be a tower problem. If it doesn't get solved, then it may be my phone and it will get replaced. But on the bright side, I have LTE where I live and I love my phone now!! Now if only I would quit getting the error code I would be one happy person haha.

WretchedM3

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem and it turns out my phone was not programmed properly. Or so they say. While on a different I typed in all the info the Sprint rep gave me and the phone rebooted and the problem was gone. It can't hurt to call them.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I would give an update. I ended up swapping phones with myom (s4 for the one) and traded someone else for an s4 (long story short, she wanted am s4 too and I had to go do the trade for her) and I haven't had the problem since!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep, when I switched to the HTC One I didn't have that problem, and now with the new s4 I don't have it. Now why couldn't Sprint just reprogram it instead of giving me the run around? Lol I'm happy now that's all that matters :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, apparently they think everything just reprograms itself!

I had trouble with my Galaxy S4 getting 4G LTE in areas I knew for a fact there was LTE.

The problem was that the ICCID wasn't reprogramming by itself!
After many phone calls and visits to different Sprint stores and nothing, a forum mate here at AC told me what it was. Thanks RicanS4!!! :thumbup::D

I got finally the Sprint tech that listened and finally helped me to get this right.
Now I get LTE everywhere I go! :D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692