Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Android 4.3 for Sprint Galaxy S4?

Quote Originally Posted by mikepolinske View Post
    Now that Android 4.3 is out, how long before it gets to our Sprint Galaxy S4?
    I've no idea! But I hope it gets here soon, very soon.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Why would someone say if my phone doesn't get 4.3 I'm going back to IOS. SHUT UP AND GO!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by THE Man2 View Post
    Why would someone say if my phone doesn't get 4.3 I'm going back to IOS. SHUT UP AND GO!

Posted via Android Central App
    Because many people are crazy that way?
    Who knows what motivates people like that. Anger?

I would stop buying products from the offending brand (I've done it before) but not leave the entire ecosystem!
    Anyway...

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Just do a hard reset and it fixes the update problems

Do a hard reset last update killed battery life

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bizzle View Post
    Just do a hard reset and it fixes the update problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bizzle View Post
    Do a hard reset last update killed battery life
    Lol!
    :what:
    :rolleyes:

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

You'll see it, we will see it (look at my Sig).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

I'd I forget and leave the gps on my battery drains fast also. Keeping it off my s4 battery life is great and I'm a heavy surfer.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd I forget and leave the gps on my battery drains fast also. Keeping it off my s4 battery life is great and I'm a heavy surfer.

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Curry View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Turn off stuff that you don't use regularly, that'll help you to save battery.

Samsung Galaxy S 4 NAE 4.4.2 Rooted with CF Auto-Root and HotSpot Mod
    HTC EVO Design 4G Rooted with HTC SuperTool v3 by frigid

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I didn't check AC and don't know for sure about the Note 2 but Samsung promised on their big event a couple days ago that the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4 will get 4.3 in October.

The international versions will get it first and then those of us with carrier versions will have to wait longer.

I've had all kinds of varied experience with charging and battery drain. One specific thing I've noticed is that even though the Amperage and Voltage is the same or less than my iPad USB adapter (5.1V @2.1 Amps v. Samsung charger with 5V @ 2.0A), the biggest difference is when I make sure I'm using the USB cable that came with my phone. I haven't looked into the ratings of my other cables but for whatever reason, the Samsung cable (again even with a different charger) charges way faster. I'm guessing (again haven't verified with specs) that the Samsung cable is higher quality, has less resistance, or possibly (though I doubt it) some proprietary specification that yields better charging. Again, just my experience thus far. Hope it helps.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/09/gal...dsoruce_bottom

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Darnell0216 View Post
    I believe that is true - but only for the international version. For the US carrier branded ones, it will likely be "later"

After reading about all the problems with the MF9 update, and with Sprint saying nothing, I got on a chat with Samsung. They are worse than Sprint in covering up. Here is what Harold says:
    Harold: I would like to inform that as of now there is no known issues like that.

Harold: I have checked the information and there is no issue registered. However if you face any issue you can contact us. Samsung provides one warranty and the device is serviced under warranty.

Wow thanks a lot. I do not own this phone yet, just doing some research before buying one.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

I just have to say that I really like my S4. The only times I've ever had a problem were when I had FourSquare installed (still not sure why). My phone can easily go all day without a charge as long as I'm not watching videos or streaming lots of data. One of my few complaints that I'm hoping will be addressed is that the Samsung layer will not allow me to launch apps from a locked screen. I would love to be able to take a picture without having to key in my code.

Quote Originally Posted by bwolfe90 View Post
    I just have to say that I really like my S4. The only times I've ever had a problem were when I had FourSquare installed (still not sure why). My phone can easily go all day without a charge as long as I'm not watching videos or streaming lots of data. One of my few complaints that I'm hoping will be addressed is that the Samsung layer will not allow me to launch apps from a locked screen. I would love to be able to take a picture without having to key in my code.
    You'll need a third party lock screen for that. BYOD business restrictions are why nothing can be done with a pin/pattern/password lock screen enabled. I expect the fully implemented Knox update to make security even tighter on the S4, if there are any restrictions left to adhere to.
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 NAE 4.4.2 Rooted with CF Auto-Root and HotSpot Mod
    HTC EVO Design 4G Rooted with HTC SuperTool v3 by frigid

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

So we're in October, let's see when and where the update begins! :thumbup:

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Doesn't sound like it will be much of an update, time will tell.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    So we're in October, let's see when and where the update begins! :thumbup:

It won't be in the USA in October is my guess, only internationally. We will see it probably in November. I really hope we get it this month though, considering Galaxy Gear comes out in a few days and will only be compatible with one phone on release.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Yea, I'm pretty sure it will begin with the international versions. :banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by missa986 View Post
    Finally was able to fix my battery life with a factory reset. Making me really weary about the next system update...
    is your battery life still good after the factory reset? i reset mine and it helped for a day, then it was back to crap again.

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by cokl View Post
    is your battery life still good after the factory reset? i reset mine and it helped for a day, then it was back to crap again.
    While missa answers you, let me tell you that my first GS4 had a crappy battery.
    I exchanged it 6 days later!
    So far so good...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion-1380764636035.jpg   Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion-1380764651161.jpg  

See ya. Who cares?

Posted via Android Central App on my Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Lol! ^^^

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast