Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion

bwolfe90

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android 4.3 for Sprint Galaxy S4?

I just have to say that I really like my S4. The only times I've ever had a problem were when I had FourSquare installed (still not sure why). My phone can easily go all day without a charge as long as I'm not watching videos or streaming lots of data. One of my few complaints that I'm hoping will be addressed is that the Samsung layer will not allow me to launch apps from a locked screen. I would love to be able to take a picture without having to key in my code.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

I just have to say that I really like my S4. The only times I've ever had a problem were when I had FourSquare installed (still not sure why). My phone can easily go all day without a charge as long as I'm not watching videos or streaming lots of data. One of my few complaints that I'm hoping will be addressed is that the Samsung layer will not allow me to launch apps from a locked screen. I would love to be able to take a picture without having to key in my code.
You'll need a third party lock screen for that. BYOD business restrictions are why nothing can be done with a pin/pattern/password lock screen enabled. I expect the fully implemented Knox update to make security even tighter on the S4, if there are any restrictions left to adhere to.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

So we're in October, let's see when and where the update begins! :thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't sound like it will be much of an update, time will tell.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

So we're in October, let's see when and where the update begins! :thumbup::cool:

It won't be in the USA in October is my guess, only internationally. We will see it probably in November. I really hope we get it this month though, considering Galaxy Gear comes out in a few days and will only be compatible with one phone on release.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Yea, I'm pretty sure it will begin with the international versions. :(:banghead:

cokl

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Finally was able to fix my battery life with a factory reset. Making me really weary about the next system update...

is your battery life still good after the factory reset? i reset mine and it helped for a day, then it was back to crap again. :(

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

is your battery life still good after the factory reset? i reset mine and it helped for a day, then it was back to crap again. :(

While missa answers you, let me tell you that my first GS4 had a crappy battery.
I exchanged it 6 days later!
So far so good...

Attachments

• 1380764636035.jpg
    1380764636035.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 1380764651161.jpg
    1380764651161.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 68

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site

See ya. Who cares?

Posted via Android Central App on my Galaxy S4

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Oh man! I don't see any update just yet! :(

Anyone here has the update to 4.3 already?

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Update complete. so far so good, no errors, though I did see a new notifications from days or weeks ago (missed calls and reminders) that I had to clear out again. Not seeing the issue others had with Knox, I can disable notifications on applications without issue, but perhaps because my company doesn't have Knox settings to push.

Ask if you've got questions, I'll do my best to answer them. I won't know about battery life, I keep my phone docked at work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles