Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by msfan View Post
    Oh is that what is happening? I was trying to text a photo by typing in recipient's name and it just wouldn't find it. I had to go into Contacts and select him. I guess if I know the number I can start typing it, but it kind of defeats the purpose of a contact list if I need to remember their phone number. I miss the 'Recent' feature on my Epic (granted the only thing I miss about it). It was easy to ensure I was sending texts to the right person - now it is easy to accidentally send to a person's home/business number instead of mobile (though I notice a new feature for 'Remember this selection' when you open a contact with multiple numbers... hopefully that will help prevent sending text to land lines)
    That is a horrible oversight on samsung's part

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    That is a horrible oversight on samsung's part

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Yes it is! I hope they fix it sooner rather than later! :banghead:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

I was having the same text message "contact" problem. I simply restarted my phone and POOF, the problem was gone. Back to being able to type in contacts name for a text
    Last edited by flick2215; 11-08-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by arcjeeper View Post
    ? Not sure what you mean. In the text app, when I compose a message, under enter recipient, I start typing a name and they show up just fine for me. And yes I have 4.3.

Posted via Galaxy S4
    Instead of typing the contacts name to send em a text the phone searches for the number instead of the name you trying to type.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by flick2215 View Post
    I was having the text message "contact" same problem. I simply restarted my phone and POOF, the problem was gone. Back to being able to type in contacts name for a text
    Damn that was a quick fix. Didn't think about it but it worked.

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I was having the text message "contact" same problem. I simply restarted my phone and POOF, the problem was gone. Back to being able to type in contacts name for a text
    Quote Originally Posted by josearmz10789 View Post
    Damn that was a quick fix. Didn't think about it but it worked.

Good deal! :thumbup:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Does anyone else think the phone app is a different shade of green? It's been bugging me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Just received mine today at 2 a.m., keep checking, it's coming. I'm in the Chicago suburbs.

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    Does anyone else think the phone app is a different shade of green? It's been bugging me.

Oh come on!
    Just messing with you.
    I haven't got the chance to install. But are you sure it's a different shade?

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Oh come on!
    Just messing with you.
    I haven't got the chance to install. But are you sure it's a different shade?

Like its not bothering me that its a different color is bothering me that I don't know for sure if I'm going crazy or if it IS a different shade. Lol

STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Here's a screenshot of mine, still on 4.2.2.
    Post a screenshot of yours and let's compare them on our phones, not on the computer.

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Here's a screenshot of mine, still on 4.2.2.
    Post a screenshot of yours and let's compare them on our phones, not on the computer.

Lol! Forgot the screenshot! :rolleyes:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion-1383968329277.jpg  

You're awesome. Here's mine. Tell me what you think!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion-1383981557450.jpg  

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Lol! Forgot the screenshot! :rolleyes:

You're awesome. Here's mine. Tell me what you think!

Let's see...

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Shanice, you're not going crazy! :thumbup:

This is what I see;
    They are the same color but, mine has a bit of a darker shade in the middle that kinda disappears on the bottom. Yours doesn't have that.

All in all, I really like the new one a lot better! :thumbup:

I was having the same text message "contact" problem. I simply restarted my phone and POOF, the problem was gone. Back to being able to type in contacts name for a text
    Yay!!! That worked for me, too! I'm glad some of you encountered the same issue, else others would think I was nuts

Shanice, you're not going crazy! :thumbup:

This is what I see;
    They are the same color but, mine has a bit of a darker shade in the middle that kinda disappears on the bottom. Yours doesn't have that.

All in all, I really like the new one a lot better! :thumbup:

Woot! Thanks for confirming my sanity

STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Woot! Thanks for confirming my sanity

No problema! :thumbup:

Did anyone in GA get the update yet?

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

I just got the update yayyyyyyyy.. No lie I cleared the Google framework 3 times and the last try it allowed me to download the system update. Can't believe this really worked

I'm here in California and just got the update

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Just got mine today, not sure what took so long but oh well.

First change I see is 4G now indicates 4GLTE in the notifications panel. Next change I see is in my contacts.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by djdonnyk View Post
    Just got mine today, not sure what took so long but oh well.

First change I see is 4G now indicates 4GLTE in the notifications panel. Next change I see is in my contacts.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!
    What do you see different in your contacts

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

What do you see different in your contacts

This ^^^

Global Posts
    4,115 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Woohoo!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    Finally!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion-1384216982940.jpg  
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast