Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine today, not sure what took so long but oh well.

First change I see is 4G now indicates 4GLTE in the notifications panel. Next change I see is in my contacts.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine today, not sure what took so long but oh well.

First change I see is 4G now indicates 4GLTE in the notifications panel. Next change I see is in my contacts.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!

What do you see different in your contacts

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Woohoo!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Finally!!! :thumbup::D:thumbup::cool:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Attachments

• 1384216982940.jpg
    1384216982940.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 39

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I see the 3G icon is also different and bigger. :D

And now there's a "Reading Mode" instead of the mobile data toggle. :banghead:

Attachments

• 1384226603873.jpg
    1384226603873.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 54
  • 1384226617133.jpg
    1384226617133.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 53

schmiedk1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone missing the KNOX icon and Gear icon? After update I don't have either one. When I look in Application Manager I can see they are loaded...but I can't open them!? Is that normal? One of my buddies has the Verizon Galaxy S4 and he said he has icons for both.

When it rebooted after the install...there were two new icons on my home screen (they were actually on top of existing icons which I thought was weird). They were the Dolphin Browser icon and something called Get Apps. I already had Dolphin installed before this update so I think something got screwed up...unless Samsung is bundling Dolphin with its updates now. Help!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

msfan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I see the 3G icon is also different and bigger. :D

And now there's a "Reading Mode" instead of the mobile data toggle. :banghead:

Yeah I can't believe they took that away. Now you have to go through settings just to turn it off :(

That sucks! 😠😲

Yeah, it seems very strange that they would remove the Mobile Data button. I downloaded a app/widget to turn the mobile data on and off, and so far it seems to be working properly. It's at least easier than going into the settings. I tested it by turning it on from the widget, then going to see if data was on in the settings (it was), then I turned it off from the widget and noticed it was off in the settings.

msfan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Are the "A-Z" letters on the right side of the Contacts screen smaller? Maybe it's just my imagination, lol. I am having a heck of a time selecting the right letter (I end up clicking a contact instead), and my fingers aren't even that big. I mean, I've always had a hard time, it just seems worse now

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Are the "A-Z" letters on the right side of the Contacts screen smaller? Maybe it's just my imagination, lol. I am having a heck of a time selecting the right letter (I end up clicking a contact instead), and my fingers aren't even that big. I mean, I've always had a hard time, it just seems worse now

Na, they're the same size...
Without a case or with the S-View Flip Covert I can press on a letter easily.
With the case I use for work is not easy. 😞

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user