Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 4.3 for Sprint Galaxy S4?

No telling. Sprint is usually the first to get updates out though I'm guessing before years end

Posted via Android Central App

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

If my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 does not get Android 4.3, I will go back to iOS!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

wolfiered1

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I have great battery life, maybe problem with your phone? :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I also have great battery life after the last update, maybe even better than before it.
My guess is you have something running in the background draining your battery.

Posted via Android Central App on my Galaxy S4

missa986

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

It's weird, it happened to both my phone and my husband's phone the same day. Usage hasn't changed and I didn't download any new apps. When I check usage, it's usually either Google Core Apps, Google Services, or Android OS using about 60% of my battery power. My battery life dropped from 20-25 hours to 6-7. I've tried Juice Defender and Battery Doctor with no luck. It literally started the day after we accepted the system update.

jenksskb

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

It's weird, it happened to both my phone and my husband's phone the same day. Usage hasn't changed and I didn't download any new apps. When I check usage, it's usually either Google Core Apps, Google Services, or Android OS using about 60% of my battery power. My battery life dropped from 20-25 hours to 6-7. I've tried Juice Defender and Battery Doctor with no luck. It literally started the day after we accepted the system update.

I've had the same problem. Also notice that it takes longer to charge the battery.

missa986

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Have you had any luck finding a fix? I'm starting to wish I hadn't gotten my s4, as I now have to carry my charger with me so my phone doesn't die. My old LG Marquee had better battery life.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Have you had any luck finding a fix? I'm starting to wish I hadn't gotten my s4, as I now have to carry my charger with me so my phone doesn't die. My old LG Marquee had better battery life.

I know you shouldn't have to do either, but I would instead purchase a spare battery for about $20 and carry that with me vs. lugging the cord and charger around at least until the issue is addressed (and then you can have it for emergencies). Enough people have reported this problem that I am holding off on the MF9 update, but I keep the spare battery with me just in case. It's thin (even in its little plastic case) and since the phone boots quickly, the battery swap is relatively painless. Just a thought.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

Bruce Warchol

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

I shudder at the thought of how much bloatware Sprint will add to this update. Probably one big reason the MF9 update is turning these great phones into nightmares. 90% of the junk apps are removable but the other 10% are not. I could care less about setting Sprint as my default id, its my phone and not Sprints !!! Both Sprint and Samsung need to learn to leave well enough alone. No need to ruin something with mindless junk. Leave these stupid part of the updates for the teeny boppers who do nothing but text, babble and play on Twitter and Facebook. It is frustrating for business people like myself who use it for work and email.

missa986

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Finally was able to fix my battery life with a factory reset. Making me really weary about the next system update...

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Finally was able to fix my battery life with a factory reset. Making me really weary about the next system update...

System updates download but do not have to be installed automatically. When the next update comes around and downloads to your phone. Hold off on the install and come here and to other similar sites (Sprint Users Forum, XDA Developers) to see if problems exist. If its pretty benign or people have figured out solutions for the quirks, then go ahead and install. I still have MF9 sitting on my phone until I have assured myself that the battery problem and other issues can be resolved before I install.

jseydak

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

I'm rooted on MF9 and don't really have any problems at all. I also don't have any bloatware. ;) I have the native hotspot mod working (love it!) And any app I want in the multi window. The battery lasts all day on heavy use though I do run Snapdragon Battery Guru. I'm not even sure if that really made any difference because it lasted a whole day on one charge before it got any updates.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm rooted on MF9 and don't really have any problems at all. I also don't have any bloatware. ;) I have the native hotspot mod working (love it!) And any app I want in the multi window. The battery lasts all day on heavy use though I do run Snapdragon Battery Guru. I'm not even sure if that really made any difference because it lasted a whole day on one charge before it got any updates.

Did you root after installing the OTA MF9 or did you just install the MF9 firmware files to a rooted S4 (running MDL). I'm looking for a root method from MF9.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Mf9 is fine. I was having some issues with the phone before this update. Great battery life, speed improvements, HD voice, plus all of the new features. I have no idea why anyone would want to stay on MDL.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol