Not able to connect to 4G LTE! ?

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Its a problem with the Sim card. I guarantee something happened when switching phones, it is the only other way this could be happening if you've done everything recommended.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll call Sprint back tonight or tomorrow and ask them to check on that. I think they already have but you never know. :)

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll call Sprint back tonight or tomorrow and ask them to check on that. I think they already have but you never know. :)

NAW they didn't Bro. One thing I learned is that most of these guys on the board is smarter than a sprint rep. And yeah its gotta be the sim card if your other phones have LTE.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Sprint has more problems than any other major carrier. They have network issues like crazy and their systems suck (sorry I'm not trying to hate on sprint, I'm just pointing out some things). My friend has sprint and his service sucks everywhere, but AT&T along with Verizon are excellent here . It's sprint, something on their end. Switching the phone should help, but it's sprint for sure. You get what you pay for, I promise you won't have these problems on AT&T or Verizon. Sorry for the hate ramble, but that's just my opinion of sprint

Sent from my wonderful completely customized galaxy s3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Troll a lot?

I have AT&T for my work phone and I get absolutely no service where I live also some places I go. Sprint has LTE here and shockingly in most places I go. Don't you just hate that?

Keep making those promises.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Troll a lot?

I have AT&T for my work phone and I get absolutely no service where I live also some places I go. Sprint has LTE here and shockingly in most places I go. Don't you just hate that?

Keep making those promises.

Some people just don't realize a network is purely on location... Like some places Verizon sucks even though it's widely believed they have the best coverage. That is true most of the time but not 100% of the time.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. Here in Chicago T-Mobile and sprint has the fastest speeds except for att LTE which we all know Is the fastest. But att hspa+ is bogged down and not as reliable as T-Mobile hspa+. And vzw LTE is bogged down also in contrast sprints LTE is getting better everyday instead of worse. Same for T-Mobile.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
***** please, even the sprint customers say sprint sucks! Sure you may get unlimited, but your reception is terrible any other place but the cities. And just a note, I only pay $50 for unlimited texting, calling, and three gigs of data clocked at 45-50 mbps down. And I never said anything about T Mobile, their service is actually excellent.
And your both using T Mobile! You don't even use the crap service! My point has been made!

Sent from my wonderful completely customized galaxy s3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Attachments

• 1375908719118.jpg
    1375908719118.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 29

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
***** please, even the sprint customers say sprint sucks! Sure you may get unlimited, but your reception is terrible any other place but the cities. And just a note, I only pay $50 for unlimited texting, calling, and three gigs of data clocked at 45-50 mbps down. And I never said anything about T Mobile, their service is actually excellent.

And? I had Sprint and yes it had its issues but the places that have decent LTE Coverage they are okay. This thread was about why he gets it on other devices except one.. Not how good is it.. And you came in ranting about how bad service is totally off topic.

Also what does a Google search prove? Look below I did it to... You can do that with ANY carrier. Also what good is 45+ Mbit speeds when you can only use so much? You get it a tad faster but... You pay more if you download to big a file or stream to long...

Either way the point was why is his one phone not getting the signal when the others are.. That means LTE is in the area so network quality or stability wasn't even in question but you come in taunting AT&T and bashing Sprint. Imo... Uncalled for.

Attachments

• 1375908937188.jpg
    1375908937188.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 33

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Those threads are probably made by people wit your train of thought or by u yo self. I had sprint for almost 2 years. The ONLY reason I left was because I didn't wanna contract anymore. Bottom line in in Chicago and I got good service everywhere I went my LTE speeds was above 15 even in peak hours.

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I was just about to post a pic of "Verizon Sucks" search. why bother.

Maybe in a Communist country where you get no choice of carriers that are good for you this troll may be happy.

Don't feed the troll.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
You both use T Mobile! You don't even use the crap service! And it's better because 1, it's faster, 2, it's rolled out quicker, and three, I get reception everywhere. I'm not ranting about T Mobile, their service is great and I had it for a while. Go ahead and call me the troll on this thread but I'm pointing out facts. And yes, helping star is a good thing. Although, he wouldn't need the help if he wasn't on sprint.....

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to post a pic of "Verizon Sucks" search. why bother.

Maybe in a Communist country where you get no choice of carriers that are good for you this troll may be happy.

Don't feed the troll.

HAHA I'll do it Bro haha

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375909623797.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375909623797.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 32
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375909633308.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375909633308.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 32

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You both use T Mobile! You don't even use the crap service! And it's better because 1, it's faster, 2, it's rolled out quicker, and three, I get reception everywhere. I'm not ranting about T Mobile, their service is great and I had it for a while. Go ahead and call me the troll on this thread but I'm pointing out facts. And yes, helping star is a good thing. Although, he wouldn't need the help if he wasn't on sprint.....

Less than 2 weeks ago I was on Sprint... So... Yeah. Try again.

You NEVER used them is our point.

Edit - and you wouldn't have to worry about data caps if you weren't on AT&T... You know since you want to not read the thread. On his other SPRINT phones he gets LTE so again.. Not THE NETWORK.

Jeez...

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I have. I ditched them within a month because their service was absolutely terrible. I didn't even mind paying the etf, it was that bad. And you left them for reasons as well.....guess who won the game of rants

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I have. I ditched them within a week because their service was absolutely terrible. I didn't even mind paying the etf, it was that bad. And you left them for reasons as well.....guess who won the game of rants

You didn't win anything. I left because it was cheaper and I got better speed... At work only. I got LTE around town for Sprint but not at work where I mostly stream .. So yeah again thanks for trying when you don't know me.

I go for cheap. I like paying as little as possible since I am on an individual plan and we usually get rocked the hardest on cost versus family plans.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
You didn't win anything. I left because it was cheaper and I got better speed... At work only. I got LTE around town for Sprint but not at work where I mostly stream .. So yeah again thanks for trying when you don't know me.

I go for cheap. I like paying as little as possible since I am on an individual plan and we usually get rocked the hardest on cost versus family plans.

You admit you left for faster and cheaper, that's my point proven right there. And I hate paying tons as well, I'm going to pay $100 bucks for service. Fast, cheap, reliable. The only thing sprint has is cheap, other than that it's crap all day long. And you keep saying LTE LTE LTE, but how much LTE does sprint actually have? Leave the city and where does it go? It's nonexistent. Then you have 3g 200 kbps download. What's the point of unlimited if it doesn't work at a decent speed all the time?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You admit you left for faster and cheaper, that's my point proven right there. And I hate paying tons as well, I'm going to pay $100 bucks for service. Fast, cheap, reliable. The only thing sprint has is cheap, other than that it's crap all day long. And you keep saying LTE LTE LTE, but how much LTE does sprint actually have? Leave the city and where does it go? It's nonexistent. Then you have 3g 200 kbps download. What's the point of unlimited if it doesn't work at a decent speed all the time?

That's my POINT though you are missing it. The point of this thread is he HAS LTE. We aren't debating if his area has it. He HAS IT. On other devices he has LTE..... So again NOT THE NETWORK. It's only his replaced S4 that doesn't have it.

You are acting like LTE isn't available for him when it is via other devices so obviously that one device is messed up. Your turning it into a network quality vs other network quality when this thread isn't that.. You even told him it's the network even after he stated other phones have it.. And his S4 only lost it after being REPLACED... So obviously something with the device or SIM card is messed up.. Not the NETWORK like you think.

Man... It isn't that hard to understand... Please just read.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If u read the thread u would see I was wit them too. Like I said the service wasn't the issue. The contract was.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Craig, I think you totally missed the point of my thread!

And my city has LTE, officially, not in testing. I've had it and used it, no, it wasn't as fast as Verizon around here but it was good enough for me to stay. Normally in and around town I would get 11-19 mps.

And I haven't moved from Sprint because the price and unlimited data. Maybe in a couple of years I will, if they try to take my unlimited data away and T-Mobile gets LTE in and around where I work and live.

Around the towns/cities where I work T-Mobile and Sprint have better signal then AT&T and Verizon.

You need to understand that not all networks are created equal!

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
It seems the administration team wasn't impressed, 35 infraction points or something whatever that does. As for your device, switch it out for a new htc one and it should be fine. Good luck with the phone Star!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy