Having to "Restart" the S4 daily to connect on line.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Had this phone about two weeks. On line update performed OK. At least once or twice a day I have to press power and do a restart in order to connect on line.

Anyone else?

Kevin Meyer

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Had this phone about two weeks. On line update performed OK. At least once or twice a day I have to press power and do a restart in order to connect on line.

Anyone else?

Yup. My router couldn't handle all the traffic of multiple devices, so I upgraded to an ASUS RT-AC66 and lived happily ever after. :)

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Charlibob, I haven't noticed this issue personally, not a total solution, but, maybe quicker, try turning airplane mode on then off, I've done this when my S4 wouldn't connect to the Sprint tower at the golf course I work at. (was roaming on Verizon's antennae on the same tower)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Charlibob, I haven't noticed this issue personally, not a total solution, but, maybe quicker, try turning airplane mode on then off, I've done this when my S4 wouldn't connect to the Sprint tower at the golf course I work at. (was roaming on Verizon's antennae on the same tower)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

You are right, I wasn't talking about WiFi. I will give the airplane on/off a try. Thanks

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I solved the problem actually by accident. It requires a rather lengthy explanation, so I won't go into it here, unless someone really needs to know.

luquidjac

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I really need to know. My in-laws are going crazy about having to restart them all the time (it is also driving me crazy as I have to help them). Please post the solution.

lissakat

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
yes it would be nice to have the info on how you fixed this. i don't have to restart mine everyday but its at least every few days. so please post how you fixed the issue.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue with a replacement S4 I got, except I was rebooting 10x a day or more. My solution was device replacement, which netted me a brand-new 720T Spark edition instead of the base S4.

elfuego

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I think this is a known problem if you are in a Sprint "fringe" area. Meaning, it's too far from towers. As it's trying to to find the best network band, it kinda freezes. I figured it out by downloading the "LTE Discovery" app. It has a radio reset function. When my S4 gets stuck, I run the app and go to the reset page within the app and it gets the radios working again in about 30 seconds. I think this is a gem. Unfortunately, if the S4 ever gets upgraded to lollipop, we'll loose the ability to do this radio reset through apps like LTE discovery. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma