Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PC does not detect GS4

Hello,

I had gotten my phone reset to manufacture settings by the sprint store today and now when I connect my phone to my PC, it does not show up in My Computer. Before I got my phone reset, I was able to transfer files normally. However, now it does not. My laptop clearly detects the phone and installs the drivers but it does not show up as a device in Kies or My Computer and I cannot transfer any files to it.

There is no USB Connection Notification on my phone when I connect it either.

Can anyone help me with this??

Default Re: PC does not detect GS4

i also have the same problem, the phone get charged , but no notification of USB connection what would be the problem, and in the mean time mine is i9500 version made in vietnam

Mine does that every once in a while, go to device manager and uninstall the device then let it re detect/install

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

IN my PC it didn't even detected in device manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 84guy View Post
    Mine does that every once in a while, go to device manager and uninstall the device then let it re detect/install

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Identified the problem , when connecting to windows7 piece of cake but problem still persists on windows 8
    Quote Originally Posted by tharangarox View Post
    i also have the same problem, the phone get charged , but no notification of USB connection what would be the problem, and in the mean time mine is i9500 version made in vietnam

ROM
    All devices rooted.

To all of you. Did you download the drivers directly from Samsung's site? Don't rely on the pc to find and install the correct drivers. You also need to be connected directly to the pc with the usb cable, no long cables, no hubs.