MF9 update issues
I recently got a GS4, and it has the MF9 update. I've been suffering from poor data connection, dropped signal, etc. After doing some searching, I've found that it is a well known problem.
My questions for you guys:
1) If I root and install a custom rom based on MF9, will I have the same issues?
2) Would I be better off just rooting and installing the latest OTA before MF9?
- 10-21-2013, 10:40 AM #2
- 230 Posts
Re: MF9 update issues
Did you perform the factory reset after MF9 installed? If not, that's probably the source of some of your problems. It's a headache, but necessary step to see if the issues are present in the software or the hardware. Next step, if this is all happening in an isolated area, is to see if Sprint is doing work or lacking signal in your area.
If you haven't already, set up a Samsung account. That'll back up your S-App data, text messages and call logs (in case Kies doesn't like you). Google will handle your contacts, calendar and some app data (dev has to support it). Set up DropBox for the free 50GB and auto-upload pics there. Any personal files on the internal SD should be moved to external.
If the factory reset doesn't improve your overall experience, then worry about changing your ROM to see if it helps.
- 10-28-2013, 06:03 PM #3
- By satz27 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 7Last Post: 12-09-2013, 03:04 PM
- By Mikhailov in forum HTC One Google EditionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-22-2013, 02:45 PM
- By vlee in forum Android AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 10-22-2013, 11:41 AM
- By AndroTrek in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2013, 07:54 PM
- By Jimmy Walker in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2013, 11:43 AM