Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Galaxy S4: 4.3 update brings colored emojis

Finally this was the last piece of the puzzle....so many iPhone users couldn't live without colored emojis on instagram or twitter. ..today a milestone lmaooo

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Re: 4.3 update brings colored emojis

Nice. lol
    ... but I still miss WebOS

How do you use them? I ask because I don't use the Samsung default keyboard, I use the Google keyboard.

This force me to use Samsung keyboard... Long press microphone

Yeah the google keyboard got some, but they suck compared to the Samsung keyboard.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S4

Oh, interesting... And cool. But Ive set my default keyboard to Swype since I use the comma a lot and it has it on the alpha screen. Is there a way to either get the comma on the alpha screen on the Samsung keyboard else get the emojis on the Swype keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by msfan View Post
    Oh, interesting... And cool. But Ive set my default keyboard to Swype since I use the comma a lot and it has it on the alpha screen. Is there a way to either get the comma on the alpha screen on the Samsung keyboard else get the emojis on the Swype keyboard?
    Press and hold the n

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    msfan 

I use Swiftkey on the Note 3 stock text app. I don't have access to regular emojis, just the typical emoticon symbol 1.e. :-) whic turns into a green Android emoticon. that I don't like at all. Is there a way to get colored emojis on Swiftkey using the stock text app?

I don't see the microphone on my keyboard and I also use the swipe keyboard....I can't find these emojis anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by jshah500 View Post
    How do you use them? I ask because I don't use the Samsung default keyboard, I use the Google keyboard.

I use Kii keyboard from the Play Store. It may seem like too much but it really does combine all the best features of several different keyboards available. Full emoji, voice to text, other symbols. Also, if you use multiple languages it supports way more options than others I've used. No sacrifices with Kii!!
    Deanig_12 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by unmistakable View Post
    I don't see the microphone on my keyboard and I also use the swipe keyboard....I can't find these emojis anywhere
    its on the STOCK sammy keyboard

I have a s3 and just updated to 4.3, it says the update comes with new emojis but I cant find em to save my life. I've tried language and input settings, I've tried the long hold on the microphone on my keyboard in my messages. Nothing. I am using the stock Samsung keyboard. Please help.
    GermanSi and JLTEEXO like this.

I'm with bankhead, I updated android 4.3 to my s4 and can't find the emojis in the keyboard, even in the long press in the microphone or in the space, I can't find them in any place.. Please help us

thanks!!

This is my keyboard (Android 4.3, Galaxy S4)
    There is no smiley icon for emojis...
    Twitter
    Sprint Galaxy S4: 4.3 update brings colored emojis-teclados4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bankhead16 View Post
    I have a s3 and just updated to 4.3, it says the update comes with new emojis but I cant find em to save my life. I've tried language and input settings, I've tried the long hold on the microphone on my keyboard in my messages. Nothing. I am using the stock Samsung keyboard. Please help.
    it's because with the update, Hangouts now can replace your SMS messaging app. And that is what has all the emojis.

And what about in my case in the S4? What I need to active or something like that?

Hey Yall... First time posting here on this forum... But this is what I use its pretty kool.. 8SMS from the playstore. .

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget,8SMS(Stock Messaging,KitKat)

Thanks BigSam but I would like to use emojis in twitter, vine

You can

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget,8SMS(Stock Messaging,KitKat)

I downloaded 8sms (stock messaging, KitKat) and the mic/settings its same like the image I have posted before..
    Thanks for the help BigSam
    But I think my s4 is s***, it has the same lag as before, or more.

The only bad thing about it is that they have to be sent as mms and before it was sms.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSi View Post
    I downloaded 8sms (stock messaging, KitKat) and the mic/settings its same like the image I have posted before..
    Thanks for the help BigSam
    But I think my s4 is s***, it has the same lag as before, or more.
    Hmmm. That seems a little odd...Im currently using it on my S4, My wife's S3 and my daughter's S2..Are you disabling the stock messaging app and making 8SMS your primary?

Which is the stock messaging app?

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSi View Post
    Which is the stock messaging app?
    The one that came with your phone..

it is infuriating that any emoticon/emoji in a message results in it being sent as an MMS and the traditional :-) no longer turns into a yellow graphic representation.

I want my smilies back!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast