Samsung/Sprint pushed update today reset ALL my home screens arghh :-(

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So, I turn my one week old Galaxy s4 on this morning, and with no warning or option to cancel, a Sprint/Samsung update is pushed to my phone. When it's done, ALL 5 home screens that I painstakingly worked on for days, were reset to the Samsung bloatware and widgets that the phone had right after activation. WTF? I have never seen such a thing. Called Sprint, called Samsung, just got the obligatory "sorry for your inconvenience" scripted line.

Any one else experience this? Is there any way to disable this kind of updating?

I'm just seething mad. :-\

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Can't believe Im the ONLY one experiencing this??? Sprint and Samsung confirmed it, so its not just my imagination.. Oh well, guess I'll keep up dated screen shots of my phone from now on, to save me headaches when this happens again..

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
You had me worried there but it didn't happen to me when the update was pushed to me yesterday - whew!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
huh how bizarre.... I wonder what the heck happened to my phone? I got it all set back, but wondering how this happened to me, and apparantly no one else, even tho Sprint and Samsung confirmed this will happen? Now IM confused..

Waiting for my reboot, for 4.3 update...

Oh well guess I just have to move on from it...

sparrrow

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Similar thing happened to me on LG G2. I turned the phone on and it said installing update, then all home screens were back to default. Very frustrating!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debeon