1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Default New GS4... which Insurance to keep?

Just upgraded from GSII to a GS4 this weekend thru BestBuy and was wondering if I should keep Asurion as the coverage or go with the GeekSquad plan? I didn't understand all that the BestBuy rep explained, and most of what he said sounded like GeekSquad is better than Asurion, but it seems they don't cover loss or theft!
    I've never had a phone lost or stolen before, but I would hate for it to happen now and be left in the dark!!!

Can you guys offer some guidance?

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Default Re: New GS4... which Insurance to keep?

I had the same issue with deciding too. When I upgraded I chose to keep asurian because If I lose my phone I do not want to pay full price for another phone but best buys insurance wins all the way in all other benefits.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    DS1331 

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Strong View Post
    Just upgraded from GSII to a GS4 this weekend thru BestBuy and was wondering if I should keep Asurion as the coverage or go with the GeekSquad plan? I didn't understand all that the BestBuy rep explained, and most of what he said sounded like GeekSquad is better than Asurion, but it seems they don't cover loss or theft!
    I've never had a phone lost or stolen before, but I would hate for it to happen now and be left in the dark!!!

Can you guys offer some guidance?
    Hi Ed_Strong!

We'd love to help shed some light on the benefits of our coverage. In addition to covering physical damage, we also cover liquid damage, loss and/or theft; where many of our competitors do not. We even provide a 12-month warranty on every replacement device we send. Our service typically saves our customers who file a claim hundreds of dollars. We encourage you to view the details of our coverage here at . Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We are here to help! Whatever your decision, we are honored to be considered. We hope to call you one of our loyal customers soon.

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team
    @AsurionCares
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

I cancelled the GeekSquad plan and went back to Asurion, I just cannot risk loosing the phone and be left out with a full price tag to deal with.

I was dissapointed that now the Asurion premium went up as well as the deductible for the phone!

Also I was wondering if I have an issue with the phone that doesn't require a claim, do I go to the Sprint Store for help or do I go to the local Best Buy Store?
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Strong View Post
    I cancelled the GeekSquad plan and went back to Asurion, I just cannot risk loosing the phone and be left out with a full price tag to deal with.

I was dissapointed that now the Asurion premium went up as well as the deductible for the phone!

Also I was wondering if I have an issue with the phone that doesn't require a claim, do I go to the Sprint Store for help or do I go to the local Best Buy Store?
    Hi Ed_Strong!

Thank you for choosing to join the Asurion family! If you have any issues with your phone that would be covered by your 1 year manufacturers warranty, simply visit your local Sprint store for assistance. If you are unsure if you need to file a claim or visit your local store, we welcome you to reach out to us or your carrier for assistance. Thanks again for joining and welcome to Asurion!

Asurion Social Media Team
    @AsurionCares
    Thanked by:
    DS1331 

I just dropped the GeekSquad plan because, although they cover water damage (dropping in toilet) and theft, they used to have "free loaner." I found this was dropped in November when my HTC failed for the second time and BB THEN told me "the 'free loaner' deal ended in August."

I stick with the geek squad plan myself. Getting the loaner phone while waiting for the original to be fixed isn't that big of a deal to me and the replacement is speedy. I had to use their replacement service about 5 different times in the past 2-3 years (I had that horrendous htc thunderbolt)

Posted via Android Central App

The Asurion insurance is pretty good and hassle free. I had two S4 replacements sent to me in a period of 2 weeks, no questions asked. However, I did notice that after I made a claim Sprint or Asurian changed my coverage from total replacement to a less inclusive repair plan. I had to manually go back and change to the full plan after the claim. Just something to be aware of if you make a claim with Asurian.