Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP. Galaxy S4 and driving mode

I have had my S4 for about a week. Driving mode no longer shows in the navigation bar. Need the phone to speak
    and tell me I have email.

Default Re: HELP. Galaxy S4 and driving mode

Quote Originally Posted by rdub2008 View Post
    I have had my S4 for about a week. Driving mode no longer shows in the navigation bar. Need the phone to speak
    and tell me I have email.
    Pull the notification panel down with two fingers and it will show you all of the options - then you can edit it from the upper right (pencil icon) and rearrange your buttons to display whichever ones you use most often on the default notification panel. Is that what you are looking for?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's fine but there is no "driving mode" there. So the question is, how do I get the phone to "talk to me" while driving?

Quote Originally Posted by rdub2008 View Post
    That's fine but there is no "driving mode" there. So the question is, how do I get the phone to "talk to me" while driving?
    I believe it has been renamed to "hands-free mode". You can also go to Settings > My Device > Hands-free mode and turn it on, but also go into that menu item and change individual settings. I think the specific one you are looking for is half-way down - "Message". I'm not sure that it will read the entire email to you, but that option will read the sender's information to you.

There is also S Voice Drive that can be configured to read the entire emails to you and even configured to turn on automatically when you have it paired with a Bluetooth headset or your car's Bluetooth system if you're lucky enough to have one.
    http://skp.samsungcsportal.com/integ...=ca&seq=871189

Hands-free mode does not equal Driving Mode sadly. I miss Driving mode! Anybody have a way to get driving mode back ?

To access Drive mode, simply double-tap the Home button beneath the S4's screen to access S-Voice, then say "Driving mode on".

John

"That action is not supported."