1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Performed suggested update this morning. Now SD card is damaged.

I woke up this morning to an icon suggesting that I perform an update. I updated the phone, and when it rebooted I got an icon saying that the SD card is damaged. I turned the phone off, removed the battery for a minute, removed and reseated the SD card and rebooted the phone. Same error.

I've read a few threads regarding the SD issues with the S4. Until now, I've never encountered them. All my photos are backed up to Dropbox. What do you guys recommend? Should I let the phone format the card? Should I see if my PC can restore the card? Get a new card?

Default Re: Performed suggested update this morning. Now SD card is damaged.

I would recommend at least trying to open it up on your computer and if you can read it there, back up everything on your computer and then format the SD card with FAT32 and / or let the phone format it. Then you can copy things back that you want / need from the backup on your computer.

The card itself is likely just fine, it could be a particular app or something on the card could no longer be read and so it treated it like it was corrupt or damaged.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    M Dubb 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how it turns out.

You're welcome - hopefully that will work for you. Let us know if the problem remains!