Has anyone gotten PdaNet/Foxfi wireless tethering to working on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4?

bmoody33

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I had a Motorola Photon on SPRINT rooted and with PDANET and it worked just fine creating a wireless hotspot. note - I do not pay for the extra Sprint hotspot service nor do I have that installed.

So, I just upgraded to a brand new Galaxy S4 (which came with the 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) . I then rooted it, installed PDANET and FoxFi and now only the USB tethering will work. When I click on activate wifi hotspot it activates but in a couple of seconds it errors out with the following: "Hotspot Error - Unable to connect to data network, turning off Hotspot. Your plan may not have the Hotspot service, please contact your phone company."

So, I uninstalled the older PDANET on the S4 and reinstalled the latest PDANET plus (which includes FoxFi) and still the same error happens.
Further, I see on PDANET help that is says not to update to Jelly bean and only 4.0 is supported and not 4.1 or 4.2 link FoxFi Devices
I contacted pdanet help and they told me to make sure that the built in phone's usb tethering is turned off. It was already turned off.

So, has anyone been able to get the Galaxy S4 on Sprint running PDANET and has gotten the wifi hotspot to work? If so what version phone OS are you running? example Jellybean 4.2.2 or what? Is your phone rooted or not? Also did you have to do anything special to get wifi hotspot to run with PDANET.

BIGSAMDA1ST

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I had a Motorola Photon on SPRINT rooted and with PDANET and it worked just fine creating a wireless hotspot. note - I do not pay for the extra Sprint hotspot service nor do I have that installed.

So, I just upgraded to a brand new Galaxy S4 (which came with the 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) . I then rooted it, installed PDANET and FoxFi and now only the USB tethering will work. When I click on activate wifi hotspot it activates but in a couple of seconds it errors out with the following: "Hotspot Error - Unable to connect to data network, turning off Hotspot. Your plan may not have the Hotspot service, please contact your phone company."

So, I uninstalled the older PDANET on the S4 and reinstalled the latest PDANET plus (which includes FoxFi) and still the same error happens.
Further, I see on PDANET help that is says not to update to Jelly bean and only 4.0 is supported and not 4.1 or 4.2 link FoxFi Devices
I contacted pdanet help and they told me to make sure that the built in phone's usb tethering is turned off. It was already turned off.

So, has anyone been able to get the Galaxy S4 on Sprint running PDANET and has gotten the wifi hotspot to work? If so what version phone OS are you running? example Jellybean 4.2.2 or what? Is your phone rooted or not? Also did you have to do anything special to get wifi hotspot to run with PDANET.

Here you go buddy.. This will work with your native hotspot... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=40860639

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad