Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default YouTube not working wifi or cellular

    I have sprint galaxy s4, no much complaints, but my YouTube app is simply not playing any content, no matter if I'm on wifi or cell 4g, any help? I tried to download ics apk but I can't install it

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: YouTube not working wifi or cellular

    Hi, why did you need the ICS app? Try resetting app preferences.

    Settings, Apps, tap 3 dots button, reset app preferences.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #3  

    Default Re: YouTube not working wifi or cellular

    Try doing a battery pull. Or just hold the power button till it resets(simulates battery pull), happens to me alot and this fixes it for me

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,038 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: YouTube not working wifi or cellular

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Hi, why did you need the ICS app? Try resetting app preferences.

    Settings, Apps, tap 3 dots button, reset app preferences.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    I concur with mrsmumbles.
    There's another thread already about this. I'll look for it and post a link.

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  5. #5  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,038 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: YouTube not working wifi or cellular

    I think this is the thread I was talking about:
    YouTube doesn't work on WiFi with 4.3 update

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  6. #6  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,038 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: YouTube not working wifi or cellular

    Quote Originally Posted by 84guy View Post
    Try doing a battery pull. Or just hold the power button till it resets(simulates battery pull), happens to me alot and this fixes it for me

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4
    Yea, a battery pull could help. Try it, there's nothing to loose!

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: YouTube not working wifi or cellular

    Guys tnx so much for ur efforts to help me out, I opened the thread that was linked here and I found this solution

    *Originally Posted by*Manoj Thomas*

    It's working for me now. Had couple of app updates pending. Completed them.
    Went to settings/application manager/all/video player/clear data.
    Restarted. Works great now.

    So I tried it and it helped! It works just perfect now, tnx again guys

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,038 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: YouTube not working wifi or cellular

    Quote Originally Posted by luzgemacht View Post
    Guys tnx so much for ur efforts to help me out, I opened the thread that was linked here and I found this solution

    *Originally Posted by*Manoj Thomas*

    It's working for me now. Had couple of app updates pending. Completed them.
    Went to settings/application manager/all/video player/clear data.
    Restarted. Works great now.

    So I tried it and it helped! It works just perfect now, tnx again guys

    Posted via Android Central App
    No problem at all. 👍😆

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: YouTube not working wifi or cellular

    easy fix.... goto your wifi settings on your phone or laptop thats facing this issue and change the DNS to google 8.8.8.8 DNS...

    Should I use my ISP's DNS, or Google's 8.8.8.8? - Server Fault

    wont effect your browsing speed.... i had faced the same issue

Posting Permissions