Using phone as modem
Now that I have 4G in my area, what is the best app it there to get internet to my TV using the unlimited data from my phone. Sprint wants to charge me for using hotspot from my phone, any ideas?
Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!
- 01-28-2014, 12:15 AM #2
- 03-04-2014, 12:39 PM #4
Re: Using phone as modem
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but while I was in Mexico and didn't want to use the S4 as a phone but wanted wifi and Internet access from the hotel, Sprint rep told me to set the phone to Airplane Mode so the phone had no radio access to towers. Then I could connect to the hotel wifi with no charges and no minutes used. Worked GREAT! ! My billing cycle cycle changed while I was gone so I checked it when I got home. No minutes used and no data used. I was a happy camper! I used the phone as a mini laptop the entire time I was gone. I wish I knew that last year. Sends like that would work at home as well.
Posted via Android Central App
- 03-06-2014, 06:54 PM #5
- By darb1287 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 02-23-2015, 03:45 AM
- By Ameer Nuub in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 27Last Post: 02-23-2014, 12:23 AM
- By tabletnovice in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:07 PM
- By Bnjf in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 37Last Post: 01-30-2014, 11:39 PM
- By Jayshree Desai in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 5Last Post: 01-28-2014, 01:58 PM