Using phone as modem

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Now that I have 4G in my area, what is the best app it there to get internet to my TV using the unlimited data from my phone. Sprint wants to charge me for using hotspot from my phone, any ideas?

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!

BIGSAMDA1ST

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have 4G in my area, what is the best app it there to get internet to my TV using the unlimited data from my phone. Sprint wants to charge me for using hotspot from my phone, any ideas?

If your looking to use hotspot why don't you just flash the hotspot mod. That is if your phone is rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone is not rooted, I will search the forums on how to do this.

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but while I was in Mexico and didn't want to use the S4 as a phone but wanted wifi and Internet access from the hotel, Sprint rep told me to set the phone to Airplane Mode so the phone had no radio access to towers. Then I could connect to the hotel wifi with no charges and no minutes used. Worked GREAT! ! My billing cycle cycle changed while I was gone so I checked it when I got home. No minutes used and no data used. I was a happy camper! I used the phone as a mini laptop the entire time I was gone. I wish I knew that last year. Sends like that would work at home as well.

Posted via Android Central App

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but while I was in Mexico and didn't want to use the S4 as a phone but wanted wifi and Internet access from the hotel, Sprint rep told me to set the phone to Airplane Mode so the phone had no radio access to towers. Then I could connect to the hotel wifi with no charges and no minutes used. Worked GREAT! ! My billing cycle cycle changed while I was gone so I checked it when I got home. No minutes used and no data used. I was a happy camper! I used the phone as a mini laptop the entire time I was gone. I wish I knew that last year. Sends like that would work at home as well.

Posted via Android Central App

That's not what the OP was asking though, that's just using Wi-Fi on your S4.

The OP wants to use his S4 as a hotspot and let something else (e.g. laptop) get online via the S4's connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz