Double white triangles in notification bar

ragdeiii03

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Two small white triangles. The top one is slightly above the bottom one with the bases off center. Does anyone know what this means?
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
looks like maybe the speaker is turned off?

looks like is showing the ringer is muted?

No, they're talking about the two triangles to the left of that. Those triangles most likely are from an application of some sort running in the status bar. The reason I say this is generally built in OS features run to the right with minimal gap. There are a few instances where this changes with things such as the Note 3 S Pen though.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
hmm lol maybe they show data coming in and going out?

Doubtful, the triangles (that look similar) by the 4G show that information. Its always a possibility.

Original Poster, do these icons ever light up or are they solid constantly?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Hold your home button down and go into your task manager and see what apps are open. Close them one by one and see if the triangles disappear and voil? you might find your answer. I'm betting pretty hard it's an app running and not something to do with the os.

Posted via Android Central App

ragdeiii03

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hold your home button down and go into your task manager and see what apps are open. Close them one by one and see if the triangles disappear and voil? you might find your answer. I'm betting pretty hard it's an app running and not something to do with the os.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for everyone's help. I found the app that was causing the problem.