- 2 Posts
Server Applications on LTE (SwiFTP, droidVNC, Servers Ultimate)
On my old WiMAX phones I've been able to run server apps on my phone and access them from external locations with no issue. However, moving to LTE I find the server apps still run and are connectable from client applications on the phone itself, but external connections from WAN do not connect.
I am curious if this has something to do with LTE APNs blocking external connections, or otherwise not properly forwarding port traffic to the device. Has anyone had success connecting to server applications from external clients on LTE? Anyone know of alternative APNs that can handle routing external traffic to the device?
I have a case open with Sprint right now but hold times are a little obscene lately.
- 2 Posts
Re: Server Applications on LTE (SwiFTP, droidVNC, Servers Ultimate)
I used my MSL code for my GS4 to disable RTSP and HTTP proxies but this does not resolve the issue like it did on my GS3. Does anyone have success with reaching Android application servers from the mobile WAN? They work fine over loopback and WiFi.
- By Ceology in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 8Last Post: 02-10-2014, 01:29 AM
- By nosmo.king in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 0Last Post: 02-05-2014, 07:24 PM
- By VDub2174 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 02-05-2014, 07:24 PM
- By JUDY MCCORMICK in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-05-2014, 06:53 PM
- By Gene Lange in forum GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-05-2014, 06:00 PM