- 27 Posts
What is bloatware and what is needed?
I have a new GS4 on Sprint. Because of my love of games and apps, I keep getting warnings of low memory, so I would like to dump the apps I don't need/want. Not to mention, I want a streamlined phone that has what I want without being buried under things I don't. A LOT of this is Sprint stock apps. I am limited on my knowledge though, so I am afraid to uninstall apps willy nilly and cause issues with my phone. Can someone tell me what the vital apps are so I can get rid of some of the crap I will never use? No offense to anyone, but Nascar for instance....I am not a fan. Why should I have this taking up space on my phone?
- 02-07-2014, 02:42 PM #2
Re: What is bloatware and what is needed?
Bloatware is just anything that come pre-installed from the carrier that you don't want/need. As far as apps go, you should be able to delete any of them without effecting how your phone works...that being said some carrier apps will not let you uninstall them without root access.
- 02-08-2014, 09:34 PM #4
- 02-08-2014, 09:54 PM #5
Re: What is bloatware and what is needed?"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
- By anote3fan in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 23Last Post: 02-17-2014, 12:13 PM
- By tedsc in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 02-16-2014, 01:39 PM
- By commandrix in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 4Last Post: 02-07-2014, 12:22 PM
- By BigBoyMS in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2014, 11:07 AM
- By Nas999 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 2Last Post: 02-07-2014, 10:43 AM