Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Answering phone causes screwy display

I have 2 SGS4's -- both have same problem. When I answer/place a call & place phone to my ear --not using the speakerphone-- any number of displays appear. Such as the notification screen, or the world clock is displayed, or the notification screen that allows you to rearrange icons (i.e. using two fingers to reorganize icons). I have had many galaxies, beginning with S 2 thru S4. Switched to VZW..they have no clue. I checked settings for display including sensitivity on both phones but nothing has worked. This happens every single time I answer the phone. I have also researched this but cannot seem to find any answer. Anyone have any clues?

Default Re: Answering phone causes screwy display

Welcome to Android Central! This might not help, but it won't hurt, either--try wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

Quote Originally Posted by Susie B View Post
    I have 2 SGS4's -- both have same problem. When I answer/place a call & place phone to my ear --not using the speakerphone-- any number of displays appear. Such as the notification screen, or the world clock is displayed, or the notification screen that allows you to rearrange icons (i.e. using two fingers to reorganize icons). I have had many galaxies, beginning with S 2 thru S4. Switched to VZW..they have no clue. I checked settings for display including sensitivity on both phones but nothing has worked. This happens every single time I answer the phone. I have also researched this but cannot seem to find any answer. Anyone have any clues?
    Proximity sensor problem? Are they in a case? If so, same case on both? If yes, try removing from case and see if that helps, I have read that some cases, and even some screen protectors if they cover the sensor port, can affect the proximity sensor and prevent the screen from turning off when against your face.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Both have cases, different types, but neither are the "otter" type cases. My case is very thin plastic and as yet I have no screen protector. The other phone has VZW protector & slightly thicker/harder case. I'll try removing my case & see what happens. Thks.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Sorry to sound ignorant but my service provider is Verizon. Does this make a difference in the procedure u mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Susie B View Post
    Sorry to sound ignorant but my service provider is Verizon. Does this make a difference in the procedure u mentioned?
    If you're asking about the cache partition wipe, no it shouldn't matter which service provider you have.