Sprint Galaxy S4 KitKat update

theresamichelle

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
It tried to update last Saturday, but froze at 9%. It tried again Monday, but froze at 25%. Any idea why this is happening?

Also, I am assuming the need for an upgrade is why I can't play fb videos, lost contact pictures and a few other things (that I can't remember right now). Is that correct?

dllebandroid

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Battery seems good. The one thing I did notice is my wifi is a bit better.

Unleashed From My Galaxy S4

Oh wow. I'm jealous. Android System is really hammering my battery. It's always @ 20% on the battery meter. Android OS is always @ 9%. In jelly bean android system and OS were never over 6%...and that's both of them combined. I don't know what is causing them to keep the phone up like that. I did a factory reset and that didn't fix the problem @ all. Smh. I don't know what to do to stop the drainage

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow. I'm jealous. Android System is really hammering my battery. It's always @ 20% on the battery meter. Android OS is always @ 9%. In jelly bean android system and OS were never over 6%...and that's both of them combined. I don't know what is causing them to keep the phone up like that. I did a factory reset and that didn't fix the problem @ all. Smh. I don't know what to do to stop the drainage

My biggest battery hog is the screen, either on auto or set to the dimmest setting it stays at a constant 35% or higher

Posted via Android Central App

dllebandroid

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
My biggest battery hog is the screen, either on auto or set to the dimmest setting it stays at a constant 35% or higher

Thats great. Thats completely normal. Just as long as android system isn't waking your phone, then everything is working well for you....im jealous lol, because the only problem i have is the battery drain Android system and android OS is causing to happen.

DDT1345

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting.

I read somewhere that the rollout is from 2/19 to 3/9 so I guess there are still 8 days left and someone has to be last...

dllebandroid

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the battery drain after the update then I factory reset it and its fine now can go all day without putting it on the charger sometimes longer

i factory reseted mine twice and still have the battery drain. my phone can now go all day as well and i average almost 4-5 hrs of SOT but b4 the update i was averaging 5-6 hrs of SOT and the phone was lasting 2 days. Android os was eating very little of the battery on 4.3. It is something wrong on samsungs end because the new galaxy s5 have the same problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670