Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By shoeboy23
  • 3 Post By NCTexasGirl4048
  • 1 Post By djdonnyk
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 Keyboard can't remember added/new words!!!

Hi, i've noticed over the past week or so my Samsung Keyboard lost all of my saved words randomly and now no matter what I do, when I type in a word and save it, once I try it again in the same contact it's fine but when I back out and go back in or go to seperate person text thread it doesn't remember the word! pretty much it can't save my added words anymore. It won't learn anything.

NOTE: I did just update to KitKat but I noticed this happened about a week ago prior to getting the update.

I tried pulling the battery. no go. I cleared data & cache in sammy keyboard in app manager - no go, I reset my keyboard settings cleared everything. NOTHING

has anyone else experienced this? IS THERE ANY WORK AROUND TO GET IT TO START WORKING AND SAVING MY WORDS AGAIN?

please any help will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to use swype keyboard since this has all the new emojis and dont want to download a different keyboard.

someone help!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Keyboard can't remember added/new words!!!

You are not alone I am having the same issue I would love a way to fix this without downloading a new keyboard.

I have this problems with my S3... it happened when it started crashing all time ... after on crash the keyboard never remembered any word and never learned any one ... its very ewird

I've always found Samsung keyboard to be useless. The word correction, even when manually set, is subpar. You may not want to try this but I'd recommend Google Keyboard which is free or SwiftKey which costs around $5.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Same issue here. I don't want a new keyboard. I just want the existing keyboard to work like it did for the first 6 months I had the damn phone. It's a pain in the @$$ retyping cool words all the time. Tlaquepaque is a tough word to type over and over again.
    Thanked by 2:
    redhdgirl417 and asrams like this.

I think I may have found a solution. I recently had the same problem w/ my samsung galaxy s4 Active. I went into settings. I then hit the settings tool icon beside samsung keyboard. Made sure predictive text was on. I actually clicked it off then back on. Then I clicked on the word predictive text and under personalization there are a few learn options. I clicked learn from messages and learn from contacts. I just sent a message and it seemed to fix it! Please let me know if this helps any of ya'll!

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

One word ditch the keyboard and download swift keyboard, you won't regret it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Vikram Arya1 likes this.

It worked!! Ive been struggling for months! Thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCTexasGirl4048 View Post
    I think I may have found a solution. I recently had the same problem w/ my samsung galaxy s4 Active. I went into settings. I then hit the settings tool icon beside samsung keyboard. Made sure predictive text was on. I actually clicked it off then back on. Then I clicked on the word predictive text and under personalization there are a few learn options. I clicked learn from messages and learn from contacts. I just sent a message and it seemed to fix it! Please let me know if this helps any of ya'll!

THIS WAS THE FIX FOR ME!!! I did this last week and it's been spot on since. A MILLION THANKS!! I'll share it on the other two threads I've followed with the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneontherocks View Post
    Hi, i've noticed over the past week or so my Samsung Keyboard lost all of my saved words randomly and now no matter what I do, when I type in a word and save it, once I try it again in the same contact it's fine but when I back out and go back in or go to seperate person text thread it doesn't remember the word! pretty much it can't save my added words anymore. It won't learn anything.

NOTE: I did just update to KitKat but I noticed this happened about a week ago prior to getting the update.

I tried pulling the battery. no go. I cleared data & cache in sammy keyboard in app manager - no go, I reset my keyboard settings cleared everything. NOTHING

has anyone else experienced this? IS THERE ANY WORK AROUND TO GET IT TO START WORKING AND SAVING MY WORDS AGAIN?

please any help will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to use swype keyboard since this has all the new emojis and dont want to download a different keyboard.

someone help!

yep...same here...just happened a week ago...what's going off????

There's a quick and easy fit. I had the same problem. Simply do a cache partition wipe. Power down your device. Then hold the volume +, power and home button together to enter recovery mode. Choose the "wipe cache partition" and then reboot. Problem solved.

NB!!! No personal data will be effected. Your files and apps are safe.

I wanted to erase some words from dictionary when they were nt gtn erased by tapping on them for long..searched online saw somewhere abt clearing keyboard data.. so I followed da instructions and went to setting -> application manager->and found keyboard. Clicked on clear data.. i wanted to erase somewords rather it erased all my dictionary.
    Now the problem i faced was that when i tried typing words on the new keypad .. it didnt display any words . The suggested words that it used to display. Whatever i typed it didnt save that too n the words suggestion field appeared black n empty ..no matter whatever i typed. It stopped displaying words in the suggestion field and stopped adding words.. i did everyrhing i cud by searching online. Turned on off predictive text bt no use. Rebooted. Cleared system cache. Everything but no use.. thn accidently i went to something.. within the samsung keyboard setting.. where there it says select input languages.. i selected that and scrolled down to find out that english language was not installed.. :O i tapped on it and it installed english language UK and US.. since then my words r back and dictionary saving words..
    Try this if u have the same problem.

Thank u thank you thank u thank u thank you

Thanks for this helpful advice! It worked. Whoop!

Quote Originally Posted by shaneontherocks View Post

someone help!
    So I managed to fix it a completely different way but a root is required. I uninstalled the Samsung Keyboard and just reinstalled it and it works great. I don't know if this will help anyone, I figured I'd put it up anyway.

Thank you for resolving my issue. It was soooo frustrating. Now it works perfectly!

Now it works like a dream!