- 2 Posts
Sprint Galaxy S4: KitKat update
I have never done an OS upgrade before. I got it this morning and understand the process. What I want to find out is if I will have to redo my phone set up, emails and etc. Download my apps and launcher? Or, do I do the upgrade and it will all be mostly the same?
- 03-01-2014, 10:10 AM #2
Re: Kitkat update
Doing an OS update is not a big deal really.
- Make sure you have a fully charged phone so it doesn't cut out during the installation.
- Backup any important files such as photos, etc from your device's internal storage just in case.. (Updates don't wipe/erase the device or sdcard)
- Make sure all your Contacts, GMail, any Google related items are sync'd to your GMail account which they should already be.
- All of your current setup such as apps, settings, etc will remain the same unless its something changed specifically in the update.
Accept the update and relax.
Known problems: Sometimes after a major OS update you may get some lag or ill effects from the update. Many times this will work itself out within a day or two as the device settles, but sometimes it may need a Factory Reset to clear the device out and give it a fresh start. Also many people complain of poor battery life immediately afterwards, again this can be attributed to the update.
Any other probs we have a great community and team of Ambassadors here to help answer your questions!
- 03-01-2014, 06:27 PM #3
- By thatguy9684 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 03-10-2014, 12:26 PM
- By xsibleyx03 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-02-2014, 10:33 AM
- By editionfws in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2014, 10:28 AM
- By 1000rrren in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 03-01-2014, 11:52 AM
- By vishal khatri in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 03-01-2014, 09:51 AM