Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Galaxy S4: KitKat update

I have never done an OS upgrade before. I got it this morning and understand the process. What I want to find out is if I will have to redo my phone set up, emails and etc. Download my apps and launcher? Or, do I do the upgrade and it will all be mostly the same?

Default Re: Kitkat update

Hello,

Doing an OS update is not a big deal really.

• Make sure you have a fully charged phone so it doesn't cut out during the installation.
    • Backup any important files such as photos, etc from your device's internal storage just in case.. (Updates don't wipe/erase the device or sdcard)
    • Make sure all your Contacts, GMail, any Google related items are sync'd to your GMail account which they should already be.
    • All of your current setup such as apps, settings, etc will remain the same unless its something changed specifically in the update.

Accept the update and relax.

Known problems: Sometimes after a major OS update you may get some lag or ill effects from the update. Many times this will work itself out within a day or two as the device settles, but sometimes it may need a Factory Reset to clear the device out and give it a fresh start. Also many people complain of poor battery life immediately afterwards, again this can be attributed to the update.

Any other probs we have a great community and team of Ambassadors here to help answer your questions!

Good luck.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I wish my S4 was getting the update.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the input and welcome Paul. Update was totally uneventful!